“Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It is a nice hotel. Always nice greetings at front desk, pleasant people, nice location, reasonable price, quiet environment. However, rooms a bit congested and bathrooms not well maintained. Only a couple of parking at the front but plenty of parking space on the sides and back.

Room Tip: I feel comfort with higher a floor room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We booked this room through hot wire at a rate of 79.00, we arrived on July 4th. while on vacation. When I checked in I advised the clerk we have a small dog. Knowing, according to Hotwire this is a "pet friendly hotel". I was immediately told the hotel has a 150.00 pet fee in addition to the 79.00 I have already paid. Of course I was flabbergasted. When reading the disclosure statement again, I pointed out it stated there was a 25.00 pet fee. This I would have expected. Again, I was told no it is 150.00. I informed the young man there was no way I am paying 150.00 for my tiny dog to stay there. After contacting Hot wire was told by them, sorry you are out of luck, they have no responsibility to tell the purchaser of the additional hotel fees. Finally the young man stated there would only be a 25.00 fee. Finally we get to our room, the bed sheets have hair all over them. The bed had not even been changed. We had to pack up everything and move to another room. The young man was as helpful as he could be but I would advise against using Hotwire to book this hotel and verify any fees prior to paying for your room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
East Aurora, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First, I had to call for 3 days straight for someone to pick up the phone to reserve my room. You would think a hotel that wanted your business would be eager to pick up the phone. When I got to my room there was no soap in the bathroom. They also gave me a handicap room, which I didn't need, at the same price as a normal room. Also, the walls are thin and I could hear the people next to me and across the hall from me. I wouldn't recommend this place for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We require a recliner for my husband to sleep comfortably. This greatly limits our lodging choices. Our second time here, we arrived to an unattended front desk (on Saturday evening of Memorial Day Weekend!!!!) and waited 15-20 minutes to check in, while others accumulated in the Lobby, as well. There is a phone to dial for help, but no one answered. Finally, the clerk came down the hall, dragging a huge bag of hotel laundry. Our request to be near the lobby wasn't noted, either. The folder containing our keycards included the attendant's name, illegibly scrawled, and a code for internet access. The code came up "invalid," which turned out to be a result of sloppy handwriting, as well. Again, no one answered the phone when I called for help. So it took a long time to get online, due to both illegible writing and lack of customer service available. The hotel and the room itself are clean, comfortable, quiet, and conveniently located. However, especially for the price paid, there should be MUCH better service available. Also, the one luggage cart (for a facility of more than 200 rooms) could not be found when we were ready to check out. The clerk helped carry our things, which was good for us, but not for anyone else, who might have needed her help at the front desk during the time that activity had her away from it. In addition, due to some apparently unavoidable air currents in the building make-up (as explained by the manager, to whom we expressed our concerns), as soon as you stepped into our non-smoking hall from the elevator, it smelled like cigarette smoke. The odor was not evident in the area near the lobby where we had requested our room in the reservation made several months in advance. Unfortunately, we'll HAVE to return, when visiting our relatives in the area. We had an even worse experience the last time we used the only other Capital District hotel with recliners available.

Room Tip: Stay away from the upper floor, where apparently any smoke from the building seeps into the hallway.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I never will recommended this place to anybody ,is the more worse place I been stay on my life,Stink,Dirty,disgusting,we'll don't have word to describe this ,my daughter make the mistake to chose this when she make the reservation for her weekend graduation ,bed sheets never wash,they stink as of hell ,we'll was a worse 2 nights I ever have on my life....

Room Tip: Never Select Extended Stay Please
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Already, we're starting off on the wrong foot. Made reservations through Hotwire for a room next week and trying to call the hotel to confirm the bed size. For 2 days already, all my calls have been bounce to their call center siting that the front desk is too busy to pick up their phone? Really. For 2 days? You must have only 2 ppl working there. Ugh frustrating.

Stayed April 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The only reason I choosed is, I can cook here !!
Bad room service...actually no ambiance...and bad odour !!
I think they allow smoking and that could be the reason.
Front desk (some times...some people) are completely clueless.
No restaurent...no breakfast...not many ptions around for food excpet Dunkin donuts & subway !!
May be economical but not at all good !!

Room Tip: May be economical ...but it is not worth !! Not sure..when room service comes and clean...if you co...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY? Share your experiences!