“Good value for the budget traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Santa Clara, California
“Good value for the budget traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked two nights here and we dint regret it. It is a place for the budget traveler. The room was comfortable and the kitchen was decently stocked. However, the bathroom dint have any shampoo and the breakfast was really grab-and-go. And there was this all-pervasive smell of masala and spices everywhere in the hallways. It was comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I found this hotel through Priceline and got a great deal on it. The room included a regular sized fridge, microwave, and toaster, which is way more than I was expecting. The bathroom was clean and stylish as well. I liked that there was a table/island between the kitchen and sleeping area. The receptionist was amazing and I would stay there again in a heartbeat! The only thing I would improve is the variety of breakfast offered. There was coffee and tea but no juice. There was oatmeal, muffins, and fruit but no cereal or bagels, which is understandable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hartland, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Comfortable rooms, ok bed, get n go breakfast (to go items) reasonable rates. Rooms have refrigerator,small cooktop,microwave, sink, toaster.. Very quiet area. Of the city. Right across the street from the university.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Close to State offices thus offering good prices for extended stays, but very affordable for short stays.
Large room with normal size fridge, microwave and 2 burners and a coffee maker. Some base cooking stuff including a streamer.
Large TV and a Laz-y-boy style chair.
Good mattress, very comfortable.
They proud written instructions to go to the grocery center and to the shopping mall, which is very helpful for people who do not know the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rutland, Vermont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very surprised how nice this place was. I got a great deal through priceline so I wasn't expecting to walk into a room that had a full kitchen. The staff is great. and the place ISNT dirty! Ive stayed here several times and have always been happy with it. The only bad side is, the breakfast isn't much, coffee, fruit, granola bars and packaged muffins. I learned to bring my own breakfast and make it in my room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

So many service folks are robotic in their interactions. Not so with young woman named Jennifer at front desk. She was genuine, humane, funny and truly helpful. When she learned I was in Albany for funeral and to observe Jewish custom of sitting shiva she offered to cover up mirrors in my room. Hats off to her. Kudos. Brava. Give her a promotion. Because of her I will return.

• Stayed August 2013
Pell City, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is definitely a place to stay if you need something for a week or so. OK room, not the cleanest but when we checked in at 7pm it wasn't ready and we had to wait for it to be cleaned. It seems that they had a problem of overbooking and folks were being turned away. We actually had a room waiting for us but why it was not cleaned by 7pm, I do not know. I am not picky but a dirty wet towel left on bathroom floor is nasty. There is no pool and they advertise a grab and go breakfast. Since I was meeting friends for breakfast I didnt care but saw a family of four tell a member of staff that there were no rolls or bagels left out at 8:30am and instead of getting some more, she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-ESAalbany, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
August 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I would like to apologize that your room was not ready for you at your time of check in, and did not meet our standards of cleanliness. The staff and I are currently working to improve our communication procedures to ensure situations like the one you described do not happen again.

Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at alb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY? Share your experiences!