“Vey close to SUNY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Albany
St. Louis, MO
“Vey close to SUNY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here after traveling to, and then touring, Cooperstown. We didn't realize the weekend we chose to tour Cooperstown was Induction Weekend! Needless to say, there were no rooms close to Cooperstown; however, this was an easy drive from there.

We were traveling with friends and only spent one night, so we didn't really need the large fridge or cooktop. I will remark that there were odd numbers of dishes: one glass, but two cups and plates, etc. There was no dishwashing liquid, so we had to leave the dishes for the maid.

The room was comfortable, and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. We had dinner at the Standard Restaurant and Lounge, a great find in the Crossgates Mall. The restaurant is locally owned, and the food was wonderful - we recommend it.

The only drawback at the Extended Stay is their "grab-and-go" breakfast. There were muffins and instant oatmeal, but the fruit was small and not appealing. You take your breakfast back to your room, which is fine.

The hotel is almost directly across from SUNY so it could be a great location if you have business there.

Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stay here for one night with my brother. The main reason for staying here is to visit SUNY Albany, my brother is SUNY new coming student this year. The hotel is just right across the street from SUNY Albany, the hotel area is very quiet. The room is big enough for family and also included kitchen area. The manager is very friendly and the hotel price is very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We got this hotel witch a great priceline rate. The girls at the desk were very friendly and gave plenty of information
The room was big with a nice kitchen and big fridge which is great because you get tired of the restaurant food when you are on holiday.
It was very clean and I did liked the colors they used.
Would recommend this hotel to everybody

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 months (Jan 13'-June 13') atleast 4 nights a week sometimes 10+ days in a row so I can say I have a complete review....

I initially approached extended stay after dealing with them in Vinnings, GA area and asked if I could get a discounted rate if I planned to stay for a few nights a week for a couple months. Lucy at the desk gladly took my information to forward to the General Manager, to my surprise I got a call right back that evening. I explained my circumstance and he offered me a very generous rate. I checked in the following week knowing how the rooms are set up I wasn't to picky besides just asking for the first floor, which they gladly gave me. I then went to third shift at work and had a unusual time I would have to check in and again no questions asked bent over backwards to be sure I had a room every week at 730am. After a couple of months I wound up having to stay on the second floor due to availability I found it was much quieter up top during the day for me to sleep so I continued requesting the second floor and was always accommodated. As for the staff I mostly dealt with Lucy on check ins who was great and Jen on check out days. Jen no questions asked took care of me for all my needs and was very organized having my weekly receipt ready and booking my room for the following week. Lucy did great always accommodating me to my check in and greated me with a smile at 730am. Every staff member was great to deal with but I mostly dealt with them. Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone especially if you are planning a long stay in the area, the rooms are great having the little kitchenette microwave toaster and full fridge and Walmart only being a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

For the frequent business traveler this hotel is reasonably priced, they are willing to work out great corporate rates.
Place is clean and tidy, location is excellent. Right across from SUNY, great outdoor recreation area to unwind after a long day (3 mile loop around campus and open fields for activities).
Did I mention the front desk staff? Super friendly and courteous.
Lucy is the best!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a very nice and clean place to stay! Would recommend if you neede a place to stay this is the place to stay. Convenient to all places in Albany. Ny. Hotel accommodations where very nice and employees were very helpful!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY? Share your experiences!