“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Athens, Georgia
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stay here for one night with my brother. The main reason for staying here is to visit SUNY Albany, my brother is SUNY new coming student this year. The hotel is just right across the street from SUNY Albany, the hotel area is very quiet. The room is big enough for family and also included kitchen area. The manager is very friendly and the hotel price is very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We got this hotel witch a great priceline rate. The girls at the desk were very friendly and gave plenty of information
The room was big with a nice kitchen and big fridge which is great because you get tired of the restaurant food when you are on holiday.
It was very clean and I did liked the colors they used.
Would recommend this hotel to everybody

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 months (Jan 13'-June 13') atleast 4 nights a week sometimes 10+ days in a row so I can say I have a complete review....

I initially approached extended stay after dealing with them in Vinnings, GA area and asked if I could get a discounted rate if I planned to stay for a few nights a week for a couple months. Lucy at the desk gladly took my information to forward to the General Manager, to my surprise I got a call right back that evening. I explained my circumstance and he offered me a very generous rate. I checked in the following week knowing how the rooms are set up I wasn't to picky besides just asking for the first floor, which they gladly gave me. I then went to third shift at work and had a unusual time I would have to check in and again no questions asked bent over backwards to be sure I had a room every week at 730am. After a couple of months I wound up having to stay on the second floor due to availability I found it was much quieter up top during the day for me to sleep so I continued requesting the second floor and was always accommodated. As for the staff I mostly dealt with Lucy on check ins who was great and Jen on check out days. Jen no questions asked took care of me for all my needs and was very organized having my weekly receipt ready and booking my room for the following week. Lucy did great always accommodating me to my check in and greated me with a smile at 730am. Every staff member was great to deal with but I mostly dealt with them. Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone especially if you are planning a long stay in the area, the rooms are great having the little kitchenette microwave toaster and full fridge and Walmart only being a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

For the frequent business traveler this hotel is reasonably priced, they are willing to work out great corporate rates.
Place is clean and tidy, location is excellent. Right across from SUNY, great outdoor recreation area to unwind after a long day (3 mile loop around campus and open fields for activities).
Did I mention the front desk staff? Super friendly and courteous.
Lucy is the best!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a very nice and clean place to stay! Would recommend if you neede a place to stay this is the place to stay. Convenient to all places in Albany. Ny. Hotel accommodations where very nice and employees were very helpful!

• Stayed June 2013
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I came to albany,ny in the middle of the winter on 1/2/2013 to work as a physician at the VAMC here for a six month period of time. My contracting agency had booked me into this facility and from the very beginning I have been more than satisfied with the accommodations. The room was the correct size for me and I found it to be warm back in the winter and now enjoyably cool ( AC) in the late spring. In general,I found no problems with noise and can truthfully say that I was never awakened at night after having settled in-about 2or3 weeks.The kitchen was small( as expected) but was clean and had enough utensils to cook meals-I should say that I do not cook beyond a microwave,however my wife made food for us a number of times when she came to visit in NY. The bathroom was small but adequate for its purposes. Housekeeping kept it and the rest of the apartment very clean with weekly visits (on Fridays in my case). They also took my recyclables ,to include cans,plastic,glass,etc., away weekly,saving me the time it would have taken to dispose of them in an environmentally-friendly way. My bed was comfortable,the TV got about 20-25 channels and the counter space was adequate to either sit at and eat or to work at on a laptop as I am doing now
With all of the above said,the real pleasure of this nearly six month stay has been the people.The general manager was Muhammadali Farooqi and his staff included three young women who were always very friendly ,being willing to converse and answer any questions that a newcomer might have. They each did such such an outstanding job that I will list their names by alphabet: Saabira Adams from Queens,NY,Lucy Esquivel from NJ,and Jennifer Jones from here locally. They would change shifts at 7 AM daily and I so enjoyed talking with them,no matter who was coming on duty,while drinking my morning coffee before work or on the weekends. Mr. Farooqi was also helpful and attentive even though I did not see him as frequently as the other three and I well remember one Saturday morning when he (as a native Pakistani) willingly educated me (an American sports enthusiast) about the game of cricket-I really enjoyed that conversation.
To,summarize,this has truly been my home- away- from- home for the last almost six months. I have truly felt at home here in NY because of this hotel and especially because of its staff. The people make the place and that is genuinely true here as Mr. Farooqi,Saabira,Lucy and Jennifer represent Extended Stay America in a most capable and warmly-welcoming fashion. Due to my positive experience here,I can honestly say that if I need a facility for an extended stay in the future, I will readily choose Extended Stay America anywhere nationwide.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first and second floors closest to the elevator are also closest to the front desk...