“SEALAND ENVIRO LJK” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 49 hotels in Albany
Albany, New York
“SEALAND ENVIRO LJK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been staying at the Extended Stay America in Albany for 3 1/2 months. My company is here on business and will be here for another 3-4 months. We have been renting on an average of 7 to 10 rooms a week depending on activity. The kitchenette and free WiFi are a must when you are traveling away from home for extended periods of time. The staff are friendly and helpful, and Lucy at the front desk is very helpful, and knowledgeable on the area,
local restaurants, and things to do, she is a pleasure to work with and has a wonderful attitude, and personality.There are numerous restaurants in the area, and malls for shopping , or just browsing. The rooms are clean and well maintained, i would recomend staying here if you visit the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our bed was uncomfortable, the sheets were stained, the toilet was installed crooked, the freeway is right outside your door, no shampoo, no dishwashing soap, missing furniture, etc. Overall, the accommodations felt institutional and cheap. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and when we advised of our problems, they discounted our bill, but this didn't make up for losing a night of sleep. For the money, try the Residence Inn, In our opinion, it is a better value (we've never stayed at one in Albany; this is based on our experience in Maryland and Indiana); plus, they have a full, hot breakfast breakfast every morning and "snacks" (more like a meal) on most evenings.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the freeway side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am going to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at alb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Albany for 2 1/2 months! The friendly and helpful staff made our transition to the area less stressful. The newly remodeled rooms with kitchen was the "perfect fit" for our situation. We were able to maintain a normal routine by having a kitchen to cook our meals and laundry room. Also, and most importantly for us, they were "extremely" pet-friendly! The housekeeping staff were always on site with anything that you needed. I failed to mention that the kitchen is fully equipped with microwave, stove, pots & pans, dishtowels and silverware! Great mini-breakfast with great coffee. We will always be thankful to the staff for always making us feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed at Extended Stay after Hurricane Sandy for three weeks. We were with a 2 year old and a 2 week old newborn. The laundry was helpful and the kitchen was a necessity. All of the staff was wonderful and Jennifer at the front desk was great. We look forward to staying there again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
"I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so pleased to hear that you feel so comfortable and safe with your kids at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!"
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently renovated, this little treasure is a great value for your money! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well-maintained. It had a kitchenette and even free Wifi so I could Face Time my kids at home before bed! (Oh yeah, wifi for getting some of my work done too...) The free grab and go breakfast was just enough to get my day started and it's right off the exit, so it was just a short ride to my meetings in Albany's state offices. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I travel for work causing me to spend at least 250 nights a year in hotels. Extended Stay is my choice everytime. I can cook, relax and enjoy a good nights sleep. This particular hotel EST Albany - SUNY is perfectly located near highway access. Even so the room is quiet. The AC and heat fan are quiet enough also. Check in was quick and professional. The 2nd Floor room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was clean and updated. The curved shower curtain rod is a big plus. The appliances all work well. The hotel advertised remodeled rooms and they did a nice job. I look forward to a long term relationship at this location.

Room Tip: Just ask at the desk
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, November 15, 2012

Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

As i sad Excellent Rooms, but the Price could be slightly lower. Buyt being it is the only Hotel with cooking facilities they have got the Deal. Cookware could be better as well. Buyt you can ask at the front desk for more cookware & silverware & they will give it to you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Been to Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY? Share your experiences!