“Honesty Is There Best Policy !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Staten Island, New York
“Honesty Is There Best Policy !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at the Inn over the Columbus day weekend, the room was specious and very clean. After checkout we continued to Saratoga for a short shopping trip and lunch. I received a call from Christine from the Inn, telling me I left behind my handbag. She assured me it would be keep in a safe place until I returned. Thank you to a amazing honest staff as all of my contence we intact.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that we were able to reunite you with your lost handbag!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Albany, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in the airfied Inn last month. It's a good stay but just a little bit pricey. The room is clean, food is very good. The location is the best. Easy access to highway and the SUNY-Albany is right across street.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel.

I was happy to hear that you found your stay to be both enjoyable and convenient. You may find that our rates are more in line with your expectations the next time that you are in town since they vary based on market conditions and the Capital Region is especially busy at the end of the summer .

We hope to see you again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Couldn't be any closer to UAlbany. The service staff and housekeeping are great, rooms clean and neat and a mini fridge in room. However, breakfast is not as good as HI Express. Offerings limited, eggs absolutely inedible. The indoor pool is directly off the lobby and pervasive odor of chlorine is very off-putting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast, particularly our eggs. As our hot breakfast is a new offering, we have been testing a few different products and I welcome your candor. In addition, we are investigating the chlorine scent that you mentioned.

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our service. I hope that you will find the breakfast and lobby scent improved on your next visit.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location to get off and back on I90. The room was comfortable and the bed and shower very good. Service was great and they pointed us to a place for dinner and even gave us written directions to take. The only drawback is the room had little soundproofing and we awoke to outside noise numerous times. Overall we would stay again but might turn on white noise app.

• Stayed September 2013
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, though I was disappointed to hear that your stay was disrupted by outside noise. I hope that your next stay will be more relaxing.
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

stayed again at the Fairfield SUNY. As it was summer, the hotel was quite full and the rates increased too! But this time all the problems I faced with respect to parking lights and refrigerator were resolved. They did have curtains that blocked the entire light!! Also on request a refrigerator was moved to my room almost immediately from the time I made the request. very prompt and efficient. So it was better than last time. Except that the breakfast area tends to get crowded if you are at there at the right time! They even added items to the spread making it better than last time. So definitely worth staying again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I was pleased to read that this stay was better than your last and hope that we see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a one night stay while car traveling. The room was comfortable, the pool open late to let my kids expend some energy and the breakfast in the morning was great. Would definitely stay again. This is all I have to say eventhough the review is asking for 200 words... blah, blah, blah, blah

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!
wayne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here using my Marriott points. It was about 2 minutes off I95. The staff is very friendly. The room appeared clean but had a noticeable stale odor, and was bland in appearance. The breakfast was well stocked and clean and fresh. I would stay here again, but may use caution during a college event, as the walls were not very soundproof and we could easily hear any extraneous noise.

• Stayed August 2013
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that your room did not exceed expectations. We are currently exploring some options that will freshen up our room experience that I hope will improve your next visit.

Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and our breakfast. In fact, we have recently enhanced our breakfast experience to include scrambled eggs, sausage and fresh cut fruit.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Been to Fairfield Inn Albany University Area? Share your experiences!