“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Albany
wayne
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here using my Marriott points. It was about 2 minutes off I95. The staff is very friendly. The room appeared clean but had a noticeable stale odor, and was bland in appearance. The breakfast was well stocked and clean and fresh. I would stay here again, but may use caution during a college event, as the walls were not very soundproof and we could easily hear any extraneous noise.

• Stayed August 2013
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that your room did not exceed expectations. We are currently exploring some options that will freshen up our room experience that I hope will improve your next visit.

Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and our breakfast. In fact, we have recently enhanced our breakfast experience to include scrambled eggs, sausage and fresh cut fruit.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed here before and am not dissatisfied with the hotel, the location is great and the staff is terrific and friendly.
I get "supply and demand" but paying $179 here is a bit too high for just about any Fairfield. Fairfield is the "budget" business brand for Marriott and I have stayed in Marriott hotels for less on occasion. In fairness, quite a few places were sold out in the area when I needed to be there for 3 nights...but still....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review, especially as it pertains to our staff!

Thank you also for sharing your concerns regarding our rates. I appreciate that our guests are often working within budget expectations and will make sure that we are being mindful of this in our future pricing decisions.

I hope to see you again soon!
Niceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the second or third time I have stayed at this hotel. The reason this time was a funeral, so I reserved a block of rooms for people traveling from out of town. The staff was excellent, and they went out of their way to help with everything we needed - reservation changes, copies of prayers, etc. This was also true of the way they treated all the other guests whom I saw. Note: this is not Marriott level hotel, but Marriott's lower end offering. It's a good value and you get more than you pay for, especially from the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that we could be of some assistance during such a difficult time.
Essex, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I do not ask for much when looking for a place for he night. There are so small things that make a stay worth it. 1 nice towels, this location failed, I could not tell if I had a hand towel or a bath towel. Then the texture was like a tissue paper. They also need to turn the lights on when vacuuming ! The corners have a build up. Over all the rest was tolerable.

The front desk was nice and accommodating.

Again I do not think customers ask for much but will over look lots if the linens are at least like you would have at your own home!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

I was sorry to hear that our housekeeping efforts failed to live up to expectations. I share in your disappointment over this important detail and will work with our team to do better in the future.

I am pleased to report that we will begin upgrading our towels next month as part of a new Marriott initiative. Hopefully this will help to clarify any size confusion while improving on texture.

Finally, thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk staff. I hope to have the opportunity to improve your opinion of our hotel on a subsequent visit.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The front desk staff are quite friendly and nice - but other than that this property is rather "blah". The rooms are nothing to write home about - mine on the 3rd floor smells really musty (as does a co-worker's on the 2nd floor). The hotel is near the university and not really within walking distance of anything - not even a Starbucks (unless you have quite a bit of time, then you could walk it).

I would say the free WiFi is the best draw of this location, though really, if you have to dig that deep to find a positive, might it be better to spend the extra $25 to stay in a nice, cleaner, better located property?

Not a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

I was sorry to hear that you and your co-worker encountered an odor issue in your room. This is certainly something that we take very seriously and will address. In addition, I was disappointed to hear that our location was not convenient for your needs. While we ofter hear that our hotel provides convenient access to much of the Capital Region, I can understand that it might not be ideal if you are spending your visit on foot.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff friendliness and our WiFi. They are much appreciated.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here in the way thru to Boston and was quite pleased with the entire experience. The location was great just right off the I90 by the university of Albany. Front desk staff was great and checkin was easy even without a reservation. The rooms were very nice with multiple pillow choices on the bed for each sleep style (6 on ours). Free breakfast was great with Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches,cerals,yogurts,breads,fruit as you choices. Great overall experience, would definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and for taking the time to write a review of your experience. It is greatly appreciated.
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stay at the Fairfield Inn in Bangor a lot because of a company rate so have been using this chain when traveling . Fairfield Albany met our expectations . Clean ,comfortable room with helpful and fast front desk staff . Air con . kept us nice and cool on a very hot day The hot tub is still down but the indoor pool is nice plus you can use the outdoor pool next door at their sister property . Good location near the University ,malls and downtown Standard free breakfast was fine . The only negative was the fan in the bathroom in 131 was a bit loud and the ceiling looked liked it had water damage at some point and hadn't been fixed very professionally. We paid 109 thur their web site .

Room Tip: Got a good price on their web site but it is the type that you can't cancel