“I keep going back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Albany
Kings Park, New York
“I keep going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for four years now because my daughter is a student at the University. It is perfect for my needs. It is clean, the staff is pleasant, the rooms are comfortable, there is always a great selection of new movies and the breakfast is delicious. There was one visit over four years that this hotel had no vacancies and I had to stay somewhere else. It gave me renewed appreciation for this hotel and I now make sure I make my reservations well in advance so that does not happen again. Overall, an excellent choice, a good value and I will actually miss staying there when my daughter graduates in May.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ExpressAlbany_NY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Perhaps your daughter would like to continue on with an advanced degree?! Just kidding!!

Please allow me to express our thanks for the last four years of business. We will be sad to lose you in May but pleased that it will be for a happy reason.

Again, thank you for your past and future patronage and good luck to your daughter!! May she find success in her chosen field and happiness in all aspects of her life.

Kathy Tabora

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

well let’s see. easy reservation system, then had to change bed type, made a phone call and it was done.
only issue and not big one was up charge from king room to two queens. $20 ok
then when I check in plans had changed again ( oh teenagers) we only need king bed again, hotel was sold out but front desk gave me my original price. NOW that is smart customer service!!
once again proving Holiday Inn express great chain. Oh room was perfect clean no smells and looked updated. they did have sign up about new roof work which did not affect me during my stay but they let you know up front. breakfast was very good, plentiful and tasty including Pancakes Yummy :) Will stay again next year even if 15 mint ride to College

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We look forward to having you back!

Thank you for taking the time share your experience. No roof work slated (phew!) but we will have some new breakfast items coming soon! Can't wait to share them,.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

As a member of the IHG Reward Club, we were given an upgrade to a very large, quiet 2 room corner suite. The bathroom was big with loads of counter space. It was so nice to have a living area separate from the bedroom. After 2 weeks of traveling around we decided to get food from Boston Market down the street and have an "eat-in" night. The staff was friendly and efficient despite being very busy. The hotel was fully booked. The facility was clean including the bustling breakfast area. Thank you HIE for a restful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank YOU for posting review! I have been in remiss in expressing my gratitude and I am taking this month especially to catch up.

Happy to know the upgrade and the overall stay was a good one. We only have the four suites so there often isn't enough opportunity to upgrade our elite members..glad we had the chance to for you!

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I selected this hotel due to the enthusiastic reviews along with the reasonable price and on site parking. This location is kind of far away from the downtown area. Overall, it was a pleasant stay but I wouldn't say it was remarkable.

We arrived pretty late and had to be buzzed in. I had called ahead to let them know we would be checking in late and the woman on the phone was very accomodating. Check in was smooth and they even offered us free snacks. The layout of the lobby is a little odd; it's long and narrow with the desk at the far end. I admired the transluscent blue tiled pillars by the elevators.

The beds were comfy and the room was quiet, if a little small. Both the bf and myself found the pillows provided (there were 2 different types) uncomfortable. TV and wifi were both sufficient. Breakfast was fine. It was the typical inclusive continental breakfast of pastries, fruit, cereal, etc. I was impressed that the man at the check in desk noticed right away when I encounted an empty coffee carafe.

We'd probably go back if we stay overnight in Albany again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and a big I'm sorry for the delay in showing our appreciation.

We are always looking to figure out what we can do better, If you do find your self in town and stay with us again... I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you again!

Monsey, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

great hotel highly recommended great service very nice pleasant and officiant staff, great location, comfortable rooms, delicious and very convenient breakfast served, it was really a great stay overall

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review! and my apologies for the delay in saying this.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We picked this hotel originally based on the reviews here as we were back after a few years away from the area -- our stay was great and up to the standards of the very best Hotel Express locations we've stayed in the past so no big news there but wanted to mention something unique that points to exceptional staff. The morning we were to leave, there was a power surge and the hotel lost some electric power (the elevators and A/C went out along with some of the kitchen outlets, etc.) so they ran out of coffee and some food. The staff went to great lengths to make sure people were aware of the elevators (stationed employees on each floor) and brought in food from a sister hotel very quickly. This shows some 'ownership' that separates the OK places from those who truly care about their guests --- this staff dedication shows why this particular hotel will continue to get good ratings and if we visit again why we'll choose this one above the others. Lastly, for us and where we needed to go it was quite convenient but the staff makes this one a great place to stay ---

Room Tip: no strange noises really on any floor but upon check in they'll probably give you a choice; we l...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ExpressAlbany_NY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave/University Area, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for this review. It gives me an opportunity to publicly thank the staff for responding to the power outage in such a great way. Those situations can be trying and the team really pulled together.

By the time I got here they had gotten as much as they could under control and everyone could be seen calmly assisting guests, getting food out for breakfast and all with a cheery smile on their faces! I was so proud of everyone!

I am truly blessed to get to work with such a great team! Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to boast about everyone here. :)

Delmar, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I booked at this hotel based on the reviews and we weren't disappointed. The staff was excellent. From the desk clerks to the cleaning staff. Everyone greeted you with a smile and helped with anything you asked. Hotel had a couple of buses come in while we were there, but it was handled so well that you didn't even notice.

The breakfast was a decent free breakfast. Pancakes, either bacon or sausage, Cinnamon rolls, biscuits, various cereals, etc. Tables were clean and chairs comfy. I loved the flowers out front and the grounds were well maintained. Bathroom WAS CLEAN. We had no mildew or broken tiles in the tub. (for us germaphobes that's important, ha)

Check in was easy (we got to check in a bit early) as well as checkout. The one thing I noticed as there seemed to be a lot of repeat customers here and the staff seemed to know and remember them all. I thought that was great.

I