“Anthony” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Broadway, Albany, NY 12207 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Albany
Rochester, New York
“Anthony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Checked in and couldn't get our room upgraded. My family got a good night's sleep. In the morning Anthony was on duty. Anthony is a classy, professional young man who knows how to treat guests properly. He made sure our morning was going well. Anthony is a huge credit to this hotel. He has made a very positive impact on both of our experiences with this hotel. Great job Anthony and thank you!

Stayed October 2013
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Greetings T E from Rochester!

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking time to review our hotel and our team member.

I have shared your comments with Anthony and we look forward to your return visit. Hopefully next time we will have an upgrade available for you and your family.

We wist you safe and happy travels.

Stay warm this winter in Rochester:)

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past summer. Normally we don't like to stay in downtown hotels due to parking, congested traffic, etc. However, the location of this hotel was very easy to drive to -- just off the interstate. The room was spacious and well maintained. The breakfast was great. We hope to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased that we met your needs and look forward to your return trip to our area.

Next time around we can also point our some great local events or sightseeing opportunities for you and your guests.

Thanks again and safe travels!~
Jamestown, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Friendly Staff, It is located in a great spot to access downtown. The breakfast gives you a great selection. The staff appears to want to help you out in any way they can. My only problem is not with the hotel but with IHG website. When I book on line and then get to the hotel it does not recognize me as a platinum member. It is not the staff's fault but the website.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Joseph!

THANK YOU FOR BEING A PLATINUM MEMBER!!!!

We appreciate your feedback and will gladly assist in helping you update your profile so your status is immediately recognized. When you book your next reservation, call the hotel and ask for Dee. I'll review the reservation and see what we need to do to solve the issue.

As for your other feedback, I will share it with our team.
We look forward to your next visit!~
Seneca, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Albany on Thursday September 26th. As soon as our plane landed I called for the free shuttle and was advised that it could take 30 minutes to arrive. No problem as I had to collect my bag at baggage claim. After a half hour wait the shuttle had not arrived. I called the hotel again speaking with Samantha who told me that "traffic is backed up, give us a half hour". After another half hour I called the hotel again expressing that I would like to speak with the GM as this was unacceptable to have to wait over an hour. Saman that told me that the GM had no control of the situation. At this point I elected to phone the IHG (parent HQ of Holiday Inn to register my complaint. I spoke with an excellent Guest Services representative who called the hotel on my behalf and spoke with the GM. She told me to take a cab to the hotel and the hotel would reimburse me. I did just that. Upon arriving at the hotel (2.5 hours after arriving at the Albany airport) I was greater by Dee the GM. Dee was very apologetic for the delay in getting me to the hotel. She checked me in immediately, paid the cab and checked on me later that evening to ensure that I was ok. Dee comped my first night of the three night stay. As my return flight was at 6:30 on Sunday morning the hotel paid my cab fare then as well.

Once I got the attention of Dee the GM everything went smoothly. My concern is why did it take 4 calls to the hotel?

Overall this is a great hotel in Albany. The breakfast was fine, room was clean, friendly staff.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dee E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Greetings, I am glad you made it safely home and got to the airport on time for your flight.

I appreciate you taking the time to write a reveiw, it was great having your reunion group at the hotel. Everyone had great stories to share with the hotel staff.

I promise the next visit you will not have to wait at the airport even if I have to pick you up myself. Thanks for your understanding and I apologize again for the wait.

Happy and Safe Travels!~
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The title really says it all. Great location in heart of downtown. The price was right and I found the staff to be polite and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and is top notch. The only problem with place was although the room was very clean, it did have a stale smell to it. My 3 co workers had the same complaint for their rooms too. I asked at the front and was told that the room was a "smoking room" and that was all which were available. Anyway, if you do stay here, make sure to get a non smoking room.......

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings!

Thank you for your review. We do have smoking rooms and unfortunately cigarette odors may linger. In the future please give us a call ahead of arrival and we will do our best to accommodate your smoking preference.
We are pleased that your were happy with overall the cleanliness and courteous manner of our team members.
We hope to welcome you on your next trip to our area.

Happy and Safe Travels!~
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice in the course of a week. I stayed in two different rooms. The bathrooms in both rooms reeked of mildew so much that I made sure to keep the bathroom door closed during the stay. In both rooms the bathroom fan was weak and ineffective--here you see the cause of the smell. I suspect there is an engineering problem with the fans that cannot be fixed.
The hotel has good points: it is close to downtown, charges only $5 for downtown parking, and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn Express fare.

• Stayed September 2013
Greetings and thank you for taking time to write a hotel review.

I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and engineering team.
We will look into the issue and make whatever changes are needed.
We also hope that you enjoyed all the other aspects of your stay. We'd appreciate the opportunity to host you on your next visit.
Just call ahead and ask for Dee when making your reservation.

Happy and Safe travels!~
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

All the things that people complain about when searching hotels- cleanliness, room size, bedding, bathrooms, capable, courteous staff, hotel amenities, location, meals, commutability... forget about it.
This HI Express in Downtown Albany has you covered.
The lack of proper kitchen or bar was made up by three things: front desk carry-out menus, where you could order any type of food delivered to the hotel, walking distance bars and eateries, and the awesome morning breakfasts ( if you can think it, they have it).
Smiling, happy and courteous staff- from the front desk to the shuttle drivers to the cleaning staff. Just a really great group of people.

Room Tip: Make sure you look both ways getting off the elevator to check room numbers. I made the mistake of o...