“pleasantly surprised good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Ontario
“pleasantly surprised good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed here for one night during the week of Aug 10, 2009. Very pleasant owner at the front desk. The breakfast area was spacious, view of the television was nice. The room was much larger than expected , it looked like it had been recently re done as it did not have any towel racks. Fridge and microwave were in room. Definetely would stay here again. The price was excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Monticello,N.Y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

My husband and I have a son going to school in Albany and we had to bring him down for a couple of days. We were very happy with our room. It was very large and clean. My husband recently had surgery and we were booked on the second floor, without hesitation they gave us a room on the ground floor. We plan on staying there everytime we want to visit our son, It is nicely located to great food and lots of shopping. Very Nice!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Stayed here near the end of July in 2009 when we came down to Albany for a concert at the Times Union Center. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood about a 15 minute drive north of the downtown area. The rooms are clean and spacious and come with a large bathroom and tv. Wi-fi and breakfast is included, and breakfast consists of toast, bagels, donuts, cereal, orange juice and coffee. Staff was friendly and made sure we were comfortable. Overall, great value for the price and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Modena
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

"Americas Best Value Inn is the fastest-growing hotel chain in the country" from their web-site. The Photo on their web-site must be 40 years old.
We booked the Jacuzzi Suite with 1 King bed. Suite amenities include complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet access, separate living area, sofa, table and chairs coffeemaker, mini-fridge, microwave, cable TV with HBO, and complimentary local calls. Please specify smoking or non-smoking room preference at the time of booking.
We got 1 King bed with a leg propped up with pieces of wood. The internet access was slow at best. The living area was 2 well worn chairs and a table without sofa. The mini-fridge was full of frost. I don't think it had been defrosted in a year. The TV had no power on/off switch. You had to use the remote with the batteries held in place with tape. The Jacuzzi worked, but just. The carpet was new. The place was clean
I should have known better. Never again....
PROPERTY AMENITIES :
AIR CONDITIONING -Sounded like a motor boat.
CABLE TV -Ours had no power off button and the remote had the batteries taped in place.
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST -Never tried it. A Japanese tour group took it all and left at 7:30 in the morning.
EXERCISE ROOM -One exercise bike and some weights.
FAX -Did not use.
HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE - I saw some wooden ramps.
HBO -Yes.
INTERNET ACCESS -Slow.
LOUNGE NEARBY -Did not see.
MEETING FACILITIES -Did not see.
NON SMOKING ROOMS -A requirement in New York State.
OUTDOOR PLUG INS -Did not see.
PETS -I guess.
RESTAURANT NEARBY -Yes.
TRUCK PARKING -Yes.
WHIRLPOOL -Did not see.

• Liked — Not one thing.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Rudeness rises to new levels at this place.

On July 10th, I made a reservation for July 12th-19th in person at an America's Best Value Inn at 1630 Central Ave Albany NY. I am new to the area having relocated from San Diego. Shortly after I left, I drove by another hotel that had a lower rate and seemed to be at a safer location. I called the person at America's Best Value Inn and canceled my reservation. It was within the parameters of the cancellation policy. The manager's response was that I was "playing games" and that she "should charge me anyway." Although she eventually cancelled my reservation, I am not confident that there won't be a charge on my credit card. Further, she had no idea the reason behind my cancellation. What if, per chance, I had to cancel because of a death in the family? The last thing I would want to deal with is an unprofessional employee. Finally, I have served my country for 8 years in the Marine Corps for citizens like her to enjoy a safe and comfortable life. I have been shot at, rocketed, mortared, and nearly blown up for folks like her. I don't want or expect a thank-you. I just want to not be treated rudely.

It doesn't stop there. I contacted corporate to inform them of her attitude. There response was that it was a privately owned hotel and I had to work it out with her. The hotel and chain clearly doesn't care about their brand name or their customers. Their name is an insult to our country.

Stayed July 2008
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

We stayed here on our way through the US. We started in LA, so we've seen many motels since.

This here was a quite good one. We had a coupon, so that saved us a few extra bucks.
When we came, nobody was really around, so we waited a while. After a few minutes the owner arrived. We got our room, but we asked for a fridge, that costed us extra 5$...but we really wanted one...that's ok.

The rooms are good sized and came clean. It had TV, microwave, some extra seats and a fridge (if you want). The motel wasn't really busy that night, but not scary.

It's located at the Central Ave, which makes it easy to go for a drive for eating, shopping...

Altogether we spent a nice night here...even the front desk area looks nicer than the rooms will be.... but for a NY state Motel it's already quite cheap....we had a good stay here.

There is a nice place very close to have some good breakfast: Empress Restaurant, go have a look.

Wanna know more about my trip:
[--]

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I stayed there around 4 nights and it was really awful.
I am not a demanding person I just like when it is clean. Anyways this was not the case. After the first night I found 2 DEAD ROACHES in my bathroom !!!! I told the manager to do something about it and it took them 2 days to take any action BUT when they cleaned the roaches up - they LEFT A CORPUS of one of them in the bathroom!!!!!!!!
I don't expect for $80/night a super service w/ jacuzzi but for got sake I dont want to see roaches!

2. The coffee machine (the only thing I really need in the morning) was leaking!!!! I dont even know how it was possible.

3. The lights in the room were so dim I could not read neither during the day nor at night.

4. There were spiderwebs (w/ spiders) in the bathroom and when I told manager about it he said that no one had ever complained about webs before (!!!).

5. The girl in the reception had tattoos on her arms, forearms etc. Not a very nice view.

I think I would have been much better off if I stayed in a motel!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Colonie Center Mall? Share your experiences!