“Assistant Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Albany
ossining, NY
“Assistant Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately an illness in my family made it necessary for me to cut short my prepaid stay. Your manager on duty Jeanette was very helpful and went out of her way to over ride the system and allow me to check out early with no penalty. I appreciate that.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My first stay at this particular Courtyard. Rooms are scarce in a Albany this week but I gravitate to Marriott or Hilton properties and this is what was available.
Front desk staff are very good. Professional, knowledgable, helpful and friendly. Room is actually a bit larger than I expected...that's a good thing. A refrigerator and microwave would be nice but there is a Bistro and small shop in the lobby so not a real inconvenience.
Clean, comfortable and friendly are my top 3 when traveling. Plenty of free parking and free WiFi are also important...too many properties nickel and dime business travelers with items like those, again, they have done that right here too.
Heat/AC fan is a bit noisy, about my only gripe.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rhinebeck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for 2 days on a recent weekend with my children. The pool was great for the kids and the staff was very helpful in accommodating my last minute request. I had booked the room originally for 2 people but then when I came with the 3rd, they were able to move me, despite being at almost capacity to a room with appropriate bedding. The staff at the dining area was also very helpful. Although we did not have rooms with included breakfast, they were willing to give us plates and silverware for our food for the microwave. The staff is also very knowledgeable about the local area and was able to give us excellent restaurant menus.

For a traveler with children, this hotel is great for a weekend getaway, as it is located near tons of shopping, movies and eats. The parking is free and there is close access to Albany (the city) if you need it.

Free working WiFi in the room also meant great entertainment for all of us with tablets and smart phones. It's a plus when a hotel has the wherewithal to not charge for a service like WiFi.

I would recommend this hotel for it's hospitality and convenience. No complaints.

Room Tip: Take a higher up room for less street noise
Green Features: They followed protocol with appropriate towel service and encouraged guests to conserve. I would only have asked that they had towels also on hand at the pool.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Stayed here for one night before flight south. Upon walking in the front door, pleasantly greeted with a welcome and a smile. Room was ready and cleaned. Room very clean and warm. Bathroom had extra towels and beds are comfortable. Room had coffee pot along with a mini fridge. Hotels pool was clean and warm. Hot tub was also clean and up to temp. The hotel also has a bistro within. Food price is a little high, but expected with convenience. Also has a few select adult beverages available.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Teaneck, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

If you are passing Albany the Marriott at the airport is as good or better than many others in the area. The price especially after the senior discount is competitive and the service is excellent and the rooms are large enough. The A/C can blow you away and is just a little hard to get it "just right" but in summer you will not be hot, for sure. You are not far from the State House complex which is quite impressive and is worth touring if time permits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5-6th floor. If you need early check-in (before 4PM) call 3-4 hours ahead to m...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

My wife and I only stayed one night, but wish we could have stayed more. The hotel is spotless and the service is prime Marriott. Every staff member seemed happy to have us there. The indoor pool was a nice treat. The breakfast was outstanding. I much prefer to pay for a great breakfast like we had. Starbucks coffee could not be beat. Made my reservation for May for my daughters college graduation.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott because we had a concert to go to at the SPAC in Saratoga Springs. That was the same weekend of the Traverse Races so all the hotels/motels were booked up in Saratoga. This place was great! I'd definitely recomment it for a business trip. Its located in an area close to everything, restaurants, mall, movie theater, grocery store, coffee, etc. We had asked for 2 rooms with adjoining doors because we had brought up friends of our children. The rooms were great. They were clean. It was quiet there and very relaxing. The kids went for a swim (indoor pool), and after we ate and relaxed. I highly recommend this place. Michele was a great help.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Service at the front desk was always with a smile from everyone!
Green Features: Everything was perfect....Environmentally friendly they recycle.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Albany Airport? Share your experiences!