“average and little below” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Hamden, Connecticut
“average and little below”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am a huge fan of the Marriott lines, and in fact this was a free night, from a promotion, but this was a little below the standard. There are numerous hotels in the area due to all the colleges and airport, so there is competition. This Courtyard had a rather small, cookie cutter room, the bathtub had a dime size chip in the rim, the fan was very loud and the thermostat didn't have an auto fan selection, only L-M-H, so it ran often. Generally needed some updating. We tend to have breakfast at the hotel, for convenience. The breakfast area only had two other people besides us (at 8:30 Sun. morning), should have been a clue. The restaurant is run by Starbucks, and had that great Starbucks coffee and pastry selection that you find at every Starbucks. The "food", which my husband ordered was plastic tasting bacon, some unappealing home fries, and eggs. Again, with all the breakfast competition (including a great diner, just down the road), this was disappointing. The staff was terrific, always has been at any Marriott, and very nice. There are other Marriott properties nearby, and have stayed there and been pleased since we have been coming to this area for over 20 years, just thought we would try something new. Sadly, this wouldn't be my first choice in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel was pretty, clean and updated and prices were average for the area. They had a cool outdoor lounge area. I wish we got to take advantage of the pool and gym but we were kind of rushed and needed to hit the road. They had a cute little store but the one thing they didn't have was a free breakfast like every other Courtyard by Marriott we stayed at while traveling up and down the east coast. That's why "service" was lower in my opinion. Front desk courteous and friendly. Ended up going to Panera for breakfast instead to save money.

• Stayed August 2013
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The room was nice and clean. The staff was helpful and the bistro food was good. The workout room is tiny. I had to be at work at 4am, so I am always looking for a quite place to stay. It sounded like airplanes were landing in my room, so obviously not something that I enjoyed having to get up so early. If you don't have to get up early, I'm sure there aren't planes landing too late. I would stay here again but when I don't have to be up before 3am.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Always pleased with Marriott (courtyard) - clean, friendly, cozy, comfortable and, of course, Marriott bedding. Convenient location to spend the night for early departure when flying out of town - just "down the road" from the airport parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The rooms are large, clean and comfortable but the bathrooms are very small. With a quick fix of adding a mirror to the outer part of the bathroom where there is counter space, it could be so much better. We were taken aback that this property does not participate in the complimentary breakfast program for Marriott Gold Elite members and does not even offer complimentary fresh coffee in the lobby. There are coffee pots in the rooms, but, of course you have to use dried packaged "milk" which is always awful. While we were there we didn't use the small indoor pool as the whole area was sopping wet and slippery. The hotel is in a good location, the staff is very pleasant but I doubt this would be a place I would hurry back to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family of 3 stayed in this hotel over the weekend 2 weeks ago while we were up in the area looking for a new home due to relocation. I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and spacious the rooms were. It was perfect to lounge around in after our long days of house hunting. We didn't go in the pool but it looked clean from what I could tell. We stayed on the first floor and there was no noise. Everything was easy and we had no complaints. Right on Wolf Rd which has everything you could ever need! We would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Methuen, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The staff was so courteous and pleasant. Check in was a breeze, my room was huge along with a huge work space that was really needed because of my equipment. This is the only hotel that I've been to that I did not have to use the bed to complete my work on. The location was just wonderful with plenty of shopping plazas and restaurants. I love this hotel and had the most wonderful stay. I had just came from the Hilton and needed a hotel that had hard-wired internet service and the Courtyard was a step down from the Hilton only because on my opinion there was no room service, but that was ok because a wonderful Bistro and I just took my food and went to my room. To the staff at the Courtyard thank you for such a wonderful and peaceful stay. Will see you very soon because I have another business trip coming up on 6/21.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Albany Airport? Share your experiences!