“A nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Washington, DC
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Overall a good stay at a nice property. My only complaint would be that the parking lot is kind of dark. Desk staff nice and professional and rooms clean and good size. I would recommend it and stay there again next time in the Capital District.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I spent last night at the Courtyard by Marriott at 168 Wolf Rd. near the Albany airport. I didn't expect much but, wow, was I pleasantly surprised. It had the best decorated, cleanest room I've stayed in anywhere in a long time. The place was pristine! Really comfortable beds, down pillows, extra real blankets( not fuzzy foam), super nice staff and a great breakfast, especially the coffee and the yogurt fresh fruit parfait. Also, when I called them at 10:00 p.m. To get picked up at the arrivals they were at the airport in about 10min.
I highly recommend this hotel. It is a GEM.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was remodeled 4 yrs. ago so any of the rooms should be as attractive as the one I h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has friendly desk personnel and is a nice new hotel. Clean and nicely decorated. The room was very spacious. It has Restaurants within walking distance and was easy to find. Wish we were not just passing thru. Love any Marriott property.

• Stayed September 2012
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Nice size rooms, and all in excellent condition. The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants and just about 10 minutes from the Albany airport. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well... Albany is not a place we go for vacationing. Its mostly business. However, I had a strikingly pleasurable experience with the staff at Marriott. Every single person greeted us with a smile and was willing to help. All else constant (clean facility, great location, excellent food), their service will make me totally go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I am a frequent Marriott traveler and I was impressed with this location. Check-in took about 20 seconds and check-out was just as efficient. Room is very clean, bed is comfortable, nicely designed, flat screen TV rotated, ergonomic computer chair is great and its refreshing to find a hotel with free, reliable WiFi and a wired connection (with the wire provided in one of the nightstands). Easy to find, about 90 seconds once you get off I-87 and in an area with plenty of restaurants. Free ample parking. Gym includes two treadmills, two ellipticals and very limited free weights, about what you can expect from a Courtyard. Some other reviews knock the lack of free breakfast- that's definitely something to note before you stay. There is no free breakfast and if you want breakfast (or lunch/dinner), you place an order at the counter and it is brought to your table. A breakfast sandwich with a bottle of water was $9. There is a Dunkin Donuts pretty close to the hotel if you don't want to do the hotel breakfast. Overall, I will keep staying here every time I am in the Albany area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. It is on a busy commercial strip near Albany airport. First impression was great - the young lady running reception greeted us with a smile and quickly and efficiently checked us in.
The room was very clean and everything worked. When I realized I forgot to pack my toiletries, the front desk was able to supply the bare essentials I needed - also with a smile.
Breakfast was kind of weird. We reserved the special with breakfast included. They have kind of a breakfast counter in the lobby. When we got there, the lady working the counter explained the breakfast choices which were posted on the wall. We ordered, and she brought the food to our table. She did a good job, and it looked picture perfect. But, I was kind of expecting a buffet. If I was coming here again, I think I would try to eat at one of the restaurants up or down the road from there, now that I know the area a bit better.
All in all, I can't complain. Staff was friendly, and the place is well run. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Albany Airport? Share your experiences!