“Pet Friendly and Affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   188 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205   |
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Oriskany, New York
“Pet Friendly and Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Red Roof Inn on Wolf Road is a great place to stay and an affordable place you can bring the kids and pets. The rooms are clean, but you can see some of the age of the hotel. Still a great bargain right near the airport and many local restaurants and shops. They have a fire pit area and charcoal grill for use by guests. Under $70.00 per night if booked online.

Room Tip: Back side of Hotel has significantly less road noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very convenient location and priced well for an airport location. Airport transportation was prompt and courteous. Room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The staff was frienly and helpfull. Hotel is in walking distance of many good restaurants.

Room Tip: Red Roof Inns are great if you are traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Weymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family stayed here while on a road trip to Rochester from Boston. The location is convenient to the highways and food options. We arrived late and left early so we didn't need much. Check in was quick and we found the room to be good for what we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Walworth, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Dear Red Roof Tripadvisor,

It has been our misfortune to have stayed at your hotel here in Albany, NY
for our NY State School Bus Roadeo. We have had some difficulties with the way you run this establishment.
First, we had our room changed because I needed a refrigerator for my diabetes meds. Come to find out we were upgraded and additionally charged for the upgrade not being told it would cost more for the room. We got back to the new room and thought about it and realized our mistake. We came back and switched back to our first room. Later that evening our friends told us they had a room with a refrigerator for the same price as what we were paying for not getting one with a frig. No problem as we did not want to change again.
We accepted the poor choice. We went to see how much the room rate was as we checked our bank account and way too much was taken out. We tried to get it fixed but the attendant could not do it because they were not authorized to do it. The attendant was able to see that we were charged the wrong rate but again was unable to change anything for the same reason. We were told that the GM would be in today to take care of this issue. No show, was in Mass. state with no one here to handle serious problems out of their abilities to handle. The attendant, Alicia came to help us as much as she could do. Someone came in later today to try and fix our room rate which as I said was incorrectly stated on the receipt. We were here with our group about 11 rooms reserved for our stay.
We were told to wait until tomorrow for someone else to come in that would be authorized to change the rate of our room to match the other people in our group. The young lady, Alicia was overly helpful to us trying her utmost to deal with our situation.
Secondly, One of our group had a situation in their room. It was a handicapped room on the first floor, #129. They entered their room with their luggage and found moths and cockroaches (several of them around the room). And also the room was not cleaned and the bed was just thrown together. No housekeeping seemed to be done.
They called the President of our group, my wife, Dolly Spayde, to verify the cockroach problem. She picked up a roach in a plastic bag and took it down with her to the office. She met the people from the room at the office and showed her (Alicia) the dead roach at which she cringed at its sight.
She immediately issued them another room where they brought their luggage in and sat on the chair and saw, not dead ones on the floor, as in #129 but it was crawling on the wall. She called the office again to have a new room, #120 in which Alicia had housekeeping check the room for bugs. It appeared to be ok and then they were able to go to bed still thinking about the cockroaches. When we returned from the Bus Roadeo, she went into the office to check on what was happening with the problem of their room. Adjustments needed to be made and they were not sufficient to fit the problem and inconvenience caused by the infested rooms. Police were called to see if they could help resolve the problem. We are not satisfied with the problem not being resolved and we told at first, we would have to wait until Monday to see the GM about the situation.
We are leaving Sunday to go back to our homes and could not be able to stay until Monday to see GM. I guess he is coming in tomorrow to take care of both our room rate and the cockroach problems.
Thank you so much for your listening to our dilemma.

Ronald and Dolly Spayde
Room #110
July 11-13, 2014

Room Tip: Go someplace else that has better situation.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Southampton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with our dog, Red Roof doesn't charge extra for pets -- a big plus for us traveling with our dog. We had a king size "superior" room with refrig and microwave and a large "work area" too. The room was clean and everything worked properly. WIFI was good too. There was coffee available in the room, but nothing else for breakfast -- there are several places nearby to pick up something for breakfast, we went to the grocery store and picked up a few items and that was just fine with us.

There is a grassy area to walk dogs, I noticed a picnic table and BBQ grill although no one was using it.

The couple of front desk people I dealt with were friendly and courteous.

The price was right with our AAA discount, I would probably stay here again when I visit Albany (we have family in the area).

One thing though, it is very tough to see the hotel sign and driveway from the main road!! I drove right past it like 3 times over the couple of days we stayed there (turned around in the Best Western next door!).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was in Albany recently for the holiday. I was really looking for some place cheap to crash for the night. Had a coupon for the Red Roof. I was checked in by 2 young ladies Alicia and Keziya. They were very accomodating and had OUTSTANDING customer service skills. I was very impressed with the new renovations. Room had microwave and fridge for a very cheap price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Guilderland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Ive been wanting to write a review for this hotel due to the service I received. My Red Roof stay at this location was probably the best hotel experience i've had. It all wouldnt have occurred if it wasnt for outstanding staff. I came to Albany looking for hotels due to job relocation. I tried the days inn in two three locations, I also tried Cocoas Inn. So, i thought i`d give Red Roof a shot. This would be my first stay. The employee that works here by the name of Syed made my stay comfortable. He goes above and beyond to get the job done and make sure you have what you need. If i ever needed anything, or had any issue, i would call up the front desk and Syed would make sure to assist me right away. It was due to this customer service, I ended up staying until the end of December. During the snow storm, he helped me jump my car after his hours were completed. My car got stuck, he helped me push it. I needed help getting to places, he told me where to go everytime i asked. I must have asked him at least 100 questions or more. He answered and did it with high professionalism. To All hotels, you need employees like these. I am sick and tired of employees that act like they do not want to work or have attitude issues. Employees like Syed are an asset as they do not make a towards their customers and they do their job with pride. It is employees like this that deserve recognition. I hope RedRoof recognizes the work this man does or makes him a permanent employee.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Red Roof Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!