“You Get What You Pay For - But, Not Bad At All!” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   188 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205   |
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Plattsburgh, New York
“You Get What You Pay For - But, Not Bad At All!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the RRI on both ends of a recent trip. In general, the stay was fine and the price was right ($50.99 plus tax; online rate). First the pluses! Location: great! Right on Wolf Road close to many eateries and the Colonie Mall. Also within about a mile of the airport. Free airport shuttle 24/7. I parked my car at the hotel for $25 (cheaper than the economy lot at the airport). The staff at the RRI were friendly and helpful. They were able to point me in the direction of a gym just down the road toward town. After getting to my room, the front desk called to check that my accomodations were satisfactory. On the negative side, the bathtub or shower from the room above me was leaking into my bathroom. Luckily, only one of my two bath towels were soaken wet. The tub didn't seem to drain properly. It may have been a simple thing, but I didn't feel like sticking my hand back into soapy bath water. Finally, the front desk did overcharge me upon checkout. Luckily, I caught the overcharge and they graciously made the change. For the price and location I would certainly stay here again. Other than the bathroom problem, my rooms were clean and comfortable. I always appreciate friendly frontdesk staff as they often set the tone for one's stay. On my first night in town, I ventured down Central Avenue for some great Vietnamese food at Van's. out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: I registered with the RRI's reward program. I indicated the type of room that I preferred. That...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms with great service.

I am delighted that our staff was friendly and we meet your needs. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I am disappointed that you experienced the problems you did in the bath room. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

i0112@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good value if you need a room to stay overnight either on a driving trip or coming/going from the Albany Airport. If you have a pet, you will be welcome here. No fees for pets. Across the driveway is a Dunkin Donuts and an Olive Garden. Many, many restaurants within one mile. Two large shopping malls (one with movies) 3 minutes away. Basic. No frills - but $64 price tag is the happy result. If you want a hotel with a pool, happy hour, etc., you're looking at the wrong hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

I am delighted that our staff and hotel meet your needs, especially our no pet fee. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

ybreptilian
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Low cost, simple room. They didn't supply us with a blanket for the crib, though, even though we asked for one.
No frills... Tub could be cleaner. Can hear outside clearly. Hot water by front desk lukewarm.

• Stayed February 2013

I apologize that we did not get you that crib sheet and provided hotter water for your tea. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany so that we can make your next stay better.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice desk staff. Easy to work with and friendly. Comfortable bed, Clean rooms. Shower floor a little slippery. Good basic motel room in a busy commercial area. But I don't have 200 characters worth of things to say, except that I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013

I am delighted that our staff was friendly and we meet your needs. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

You do get what you pay for here. All the nicer hotels are $90+ . Here at the Red Roof - $60.
The rooms all have separate entrances to the parking lot. Which I might add is pretty dark. Not really feeling secure. The room smells like the previous occupant(s) didn't feel the need to use the shower (but really should have). The television has about 50% of the channels listed in the TV room directory not working so no CBS/NBC or Fox. We all like saving a dollar but I'm not sure I made a good decision on this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms.

I am disappointed and shocked to hear that your stay did not meet your or our expectations as we strive to ensure all of our guests have a positive stay. I do know we had a TV outage that was corrected so normally we do have the local channels. Being an exterior property we do have to deal with the elements of outside; however we are starting a major renovation next week which will improve the rooms and the odor. I do hope you give us another chance when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff so that we may get better. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels and next time we will get it right!

New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The pet policy is the primary reason we chose this hotel on a recent cross-country driving trip. It was adequate and met our needs for a quick one-night stop after driving 10 hours straight. Our room was on the 2nd floor, and we realized after we lugged all our bags up a flight of stairs that the hotel has an elevator. Cleanliness could be improved (under the beds, behind the bed-side table. Otherwise there is nothing I can say about this hotel except that it met a basic need. We arrived after dark, slept well, and left early the next morning to continue on our journey. I would give this hotel a 2.5 stars if that option was offered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am glad that our pet policy was a big reason you choose us. I am glad we meet your basic needs; however I agree that more details to the cleaning should and will be addressed. We will be starting a major renovation in the coming months, and we will continue to be pet friendly hotel with no pet charge. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel plans bring you back to Albany.

cleveland, OH, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a feeling that our drive home after Christmas from NH to Cleveland might be impacted by bad weather, so I made an advance reservation at the Red Roof Inn, Albany Airport. We were traveling with our cat and the fact that there is no up-charge for pets was a big plus.

I hadn't stayed in a RRI for years--and not since the major changes of the past few years had been completed. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very comfortable room with nice bedding, GREAT pillows, a quiet heating/cooling system, free WiFi, and a good selection of TV channels.

The hotel is very conveniently located on Wolf Rd., right off of the interstate. There are lots of eating options nearby so we went for dinner after checking in, returning to the Wolf Road Diner. The food was great and so well priced that we returned the next morning for breakfast.

We make this long trip several times a year and we'll definitely return to this RRI.

Room Tip: We always opt for high floors and away from elevators, vending, etc.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am always excited to hear from guest that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. I am glad you decided to choose Red Roof Inn Albany Airport to wait the storm out. You will be pleased to know that we will start a major renovation in the coming months, so if you liked the previous renovation you will love this one. We will continue to be pet friendly hotel with no pet charge. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel plans bring you back to Albany.

i0112@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!