“Great port in a (snow) storm!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Albany Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   188 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205   |
Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Albany
cleveland, OH, USA
“Great port in a (snow) storm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a feeling that our drive home after Christmas from NH to Cleveland might be impacted by bad weather, so I made an advance reservation at the Red Roof Inn, Albany Airport. We were traveling with our cat and the fact that there is no up-charge for pets was a big plus.

I hadn't stayed in a RRI for years--and not since the major changes of the past few years had been completed. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very comfortable room with nice bedding, GREAT pillows, a quiet heating/cooling system, free WiFi, and a good selection of TV channels.

The hotel is very conveniently located on Wolf Rd., right off of the interstate. There are lots of eating options nearby so we went for dinner after checking in, returning to the Wolf Road Diner. The food was great and so well priced that we returned the next morning for breakfast.

We make this long trip several times a year and we'll definitely return to this RRI.

Room Tip: We always opt for high floors and away from elevators, vending, etc.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms.
I am always excited to hear from guest that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. I am glad you decided to choose Red Roof Inn Albany Airport to wait the storm out. You will be pleased to know that we will start a major renovation in the coming months, so if you liked the previous renovation you will love this one. We will continue to be pet friendly hotel with no pet charge. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel plans bring you back to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A coworker and I had to extend a work trip unexpectedly and on the night before departure we wanted to return the rental car to avoid additional fees. This hotel offered a free shuttle with reliable service...both trips from and back to the airport were less than 20 minutes, wait time included. The rooms were nothing special but provided what we needed. Front desk staff was friendly and attentive. Many restaurants and a mall within 5 minutes from hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am always excited to hear from guest that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I am pleased that our complimentary shuttle service meets your needs. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to Albany.

Bristol, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My former wife and I have stayed at this property several times travelling from VT to NJ. The main reason aside from the reasonable price was no pet fee. Every stay was non-eventful and it was a comfortable overnight stay. Service has always been good. I stayed there overnight on 12/21 and the front desk clerk who checked me in was very friendly and accommodating. Room was comfortable. Also of note (at least to me), Moe's SW Grill and Trader Joe's on the same road so what more could one want?

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces busy Wolf Rd and the back of the hotel faces 87 so you have to decide w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I am delighted that you stay with us when traveling from VT to NJ. I am always excited to hear from guest that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when you travel again from VT to NJ.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I would recommend the Red Roof Inn to anyone who is looking for a nice, clean, and friendly environment to stay at for a low rate. The room was very clean, the staff was very friendly, especially the one front receptionist, Lindsey Noble. I will definitely stay at Red Roof Inn again in the future and when making my travel agents they will be at the top of my list for choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, December 24, 2012

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am always excited to hear when our staff is recognized for providing such great service. It is a delight to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

From time to time my wife and I stay at the Albany Airport Red Roof Inn. Our most recent stays were November 22 and November 28. In both cases we were served at the front counter by Ms. Arupa Phillips, a very thoughtful and attentive person. We were quite satisfied with her attention to serving us, and were pleased that she was also working when we returned on November 28. Please add our message to her personnel file.

We apologize for the delay in sending this message.

Thank you very much.

Richard and Nancy Miller

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

As any Red Roof inn, this one was pretty dirty, cold and with poor service. Nonetheless, if you want to spend one night close to the airport, it may work. One benefit is shuttle bus to the airport for free. By the way, they did not have even decent coffee.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2012

I am disappointed and shocked to hear that your stay did not meet your or our expectations as we strive to ensure all of our guests have a positive stay. I will address the cleanliness and service issues immediately. I do hope you give us another chance when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

Thank you again for writing a post about your experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff so that we may get better. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels and next time we will get it right!

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice value. The rooms were clean and fairly large. The room also has a microwave and fridge. Fast wifi and the staff was friendly and helpful. Although there is not a restaurant at the hotel there are a number of fast food chains nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Redroofinn112, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012

I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am pleased that we meet your expectations. I am always delighted to hear such great things about our hotel, we try extremely hard. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Albany.

i0112@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Albany Airport? Share your experiences!