My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel. The hotel itself was very clean and in good repair. The rooms were furnished identical to many other Marriott properties we've stayed at--and there's nothing wrong with that.
First the few complaints:
1. What's up with the stinginess with pillows at Marriott lately? Those large square pillows might look nice, but they are not good for sleeping, and we need five pillows between us. Putting only three standard pillows on a king size bed is questionable. My reservation had requested extra pillows which never materialized. Yes, I could have called, but then I would have had to wait for them to be delivered.
2. No upgrade. As a Marriott Gold member, I'm finding upgrades happening less and less often. It was a weekend in Albany, I would be surprised if their suites were sold out. An upgrade would have been a nice move considering there is no concierge lounge open on the weekend.
3. The free continental breakfast is very slim pickings with no protein at all. I can get more selection from the free breakfast at the Fairfield. We ended up upgrading both days. Also service in the restaurant in the morning was very friendly but painfully slow, even with two servers and eight guests total.
4. I tried to check in at around 2:30 and my room wasn't ready. No problem. I checked in and gave them my cell number to call me when it was ready, the call never materialized.
5. I sleep in hotels a lot, and almost always get a great nights sleep. Not here. Both my husband and I slept terribly both nights, but we can't really pinpoint the cause. The pillow situation was probably part of it.
1. As mentioned, the hotel was clean and in good repair.
2. The room was generally very quiet, there was some hall noise in the evening but it settled down by 11:00 pm or so. We did hear some airplane noise, but it wasn't disruptive.
3. The two ladies from housekeeping who were from Albania were a joy! I don't have their names, but one was in her 30's and the other in her 50's--give or take. They were working the 6th floor on September 21st if that helps to recognize them.
4. Nice indoor pool (didn't use) and extremely well equipped fitness center. Major kudo's there!!
5. The Wolf Road location is ideal.
Would I return? Maybe.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Albany Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albany Marriott Hotel Albany
- Marriott Albany