“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Barton, Vermont
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Do not stay here. Nasty, disgusting. You will throw up staying here. Half the lights did not work, toilet seat broken, painted tiles in bathroom that were peeling; windows so dirty you could not see out of them; ripped, torn moldy carpets; sheets and towels stained; the pictures on this website are nothing of what the nasty place looks like. Took them 1.5 hrs to fix a damn battery in the smoke detector as it was chirping. Oh gawd...feel my skin crawl thinking about the place.

Room Tip: Stay away; gross, nasty, you will have nightmares
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Troy, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've stayed here several times and each time stayed in a room worse than the one before it. The last room had no door knob on the bathroom door and the hvac unit
Didn't work. Several of the tiles had fallen off the bathroom wall.
The room before it had broken windows and a tv that beaver cleaver's mother would have used.
They claim that they renovated the hotel but when i asked for a renovated room they put me in the roon that was missing the door knob. Apparently they don't want repeat customers.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were at the end of the day traveling along I-90 and were looking for a place to stay. Our first three tries resulted in no availability so we tried the Red Carpet Inn. Like other reviewers have stated the place is old and worn. Our room was clean (but old) and it did the job for the night. The rate was $55 for the night which we felt was reasonable. Would we stay here again - only if the other options were not available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I didn't think this place was too bad..$200 for 8 of us to stay per night. A little shabby and hallways smelled a little of old carpet but no big complaints. Beds were clean and comfortable. Decor is all a bit jaded but I don't care...

• Stayed September 2013
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Please take my advice and do not stay in this nasty place. Especially because it is surrounded by a Hilton Garden Inn and Fairfield Inn. Please I am begging you spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. I couldn't believe what I saw there. I have never been in such a place. The place stank so bad I couldn't believe it. Cigarette holes everywhere. Tiles chipping, varnish coming off all furniture. The AC didn't work and it was stifling. I would not sleep in the sheets, slept in my clothes on top of the bed. I would have left, but it was very late and we just wanted to sleep and get out of there. It is VERY sketchy and disturbing. I can put up with a lot during my travels, and I can honestly stay this is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in.
The ONE nice thing I can say is that the desk clerk was very friendly.

Room Tip: My tip: Do not stay here! Sleep in your car if you must!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

No air, broken everything you name it, it doesn't work right, smells so bad, beds are super nasty don't even want to stay here, gross gross gross.. place should be closed down, health department should be called. Mold, smelly, dirty, gross, looks like bums live here, hanging their Landry outside of rooms.. stay away save time n money....and your safety...ewwwwwww..

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Body hair from previous residence on linen, sheets look like Swiss cheese from all the cigarette burns, towels looks like someone peed all over them, customer services is horrible, they said they wouldn't change the sheets or give is new towels after telling them it was all dirty and they accused us of having more people staying in room because the people we came to visit met is at the hotel to carpool with us. Then after we told them we only had to people staying they told us towels were all being cleaned and it would be at least an hour. Really! What decent hotel completely runs out of towels!!! If u want a bad rash, Mysterious V.D. , and/or to smell stale cigarettes all night long then this is the place for you!!! What a ripoff...

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Red Carpet Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!