“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Ontario, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed 1 night while driving back to Toronto. Good place to stay. Good price and excellent service. Will visit here on next round to states and will recommend too. Front desk lady Keisha was nice and helpful.she knows Albany good and helped me with few restaurant. Overall A+

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wilson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel several times in the past and have always had a great experience. the staff is very warm and welcoming. The location is perfect for our needs and the lounge is also great! Breakfast buffet is really good. Banquet food was great. Highly recommend this hotel for your Albany needs. My room was right near the elevator and ice machine and yet I slept very well!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is good if you want a place to rest while in Albany. The hotel is huge and felt quite crowded. The pools were full of children (which was OK for us, but some might not like the crowd). Also, this hotel is close to the airport but far from downtown; not many good food options here.

As far as the room goes, it was big and clean. The bathroom looked a little old even though we were in a `renovated, upgraded' room. Having a extra sink in the room was helpful.

The bed in our room was actually quite comfortable - no springs!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Sukhada F,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms big and clean. However, we are sorry that the location is a bit far from downtown and not too many food options in the area. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions seriously so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve your in the future.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Jefferson, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is big and has a lot of conference rooms. When we got to our room and walked in the bathroom there was a metal vent area that you could see through, the length of the bathroom. It was covered in dust, and I mean covered and there was some kind of venting system that was probably blowing something into the room. Unless it was supposed to be the fan, which there was no switch for. The furniture is very old, and the whole place could use upgrades. It looks like there was a wing where the bar was that seemed a little more updated than the rest of the hotel. The beds were so hard I woke up and with a 4 hour drive in front of me began my day achy. The pool was big and when I went there were a couple people that looked like members that were there but that's it. The hot tub is a huge plus, and is very needed for all the pains you get from the beds. They have a lifeguard on duty who suggested a great place to go eat later that evening. The staff was always pleasant and friendly when you walked by them.

Stayed April 2014
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Bentley 1688,

I am glad you enjoyed the pool. I am sorry to hear you didn't like our beds, as they are new. Thank you for your comments we appreciate them. There is a upgrade with the old design of the grids in the bathroom. The rooms do not have fans you are correct, they install them with the upgrade. I am sorry you encountered this.
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

The hotel is a relatively sizable one with a couple of different wings attached. We were given the 'tower' because they were having some sort of 'pageant'
The tower has a corridor or connector to the pool area so you never have to go outside to enter in the main area.
It is nice and rooms are big, the restaurant was sizable as well and food was ok but nothing to write about. They are extremely close to Pizza Hut, which is really convenient if you don't feel like going out. Pizza Hut will charge a deliver fee on top of everything else so buyer beware.
The weekend we were there, the pool was completely full, and I do mean full. Someone thought it was a good idea to have a birthday party in the pool area. Poor management decision, The group of families and friends filled the pool to capacity so much so that management placed a sign on the gate stating they were at capacity. When we did have an opportunity to swim, my son only swam for 15 minutes. I think it was in bad taste to allow such a large party into the pool area with food and cake and possibly alcohol. Isnt that why you have a bar and or restaurant. These people had pizzas and wre running around the hotel like it was the wild west. They also took up all the rooms with pool views. Can you say disaster?
Our room was a decent size for it not to be a suite but on Saturday night the heater stopped working for some strange reason. Odd but true. Also, as a rewards member, my room wasnt ready. Unless IHG is doing something different, my Priority Club status must have meant nothing. When asked, the clerk said 'let me look and see your status'. Oh you are just a club member. I thought that was rude indeed. Shouldn't matter if I am just a club member or silver, gold, or platinum, I am still a member.
Also, when I called the front desk for an extended stay the clerk booked me for 15 additional days. What are we doing at the desk if we aren't paying attention. Frustrating to say the least

Room Tip: Take a room in the tower if you want some peace and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rodio CT,

I am so sorry for the experience you encountered. I will look into all of your concerns. I appreciate the time you took to help make the things we do not know about possible to fix for the future. Again, I am sorry for your experience.
Binghamton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn numerous times while in Albany on business. I never have had a bad stay, but the Hotel is a bit outdated and has a rather strange layout with a combination multi floor guess room areas and a ground floor room section. This trip the elevator was out of commission the entire time and that made hauling luggage up the stairs a little less than fun. At check-in the clerk made no mention of this fact and did not ask if I had any physical disabilities that might have prevented me from climbing stairs. I would have hoped were I an elderly person that might have been brought to my attention. In addition the shower curtain came apart and leaked water on the floor. It should have been replaced a long time ago.

Otherwise, it was a clean and very comfortable room. The restaurant has good food and good service but is a bit pricey. They have an outstanding breakfast buffet but charge $12.00 for it at the same time their competition across the street has nearly as good a buffet and it is complimentary.

Don't me wrong, I always enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn, but there are more modern and luxurious hotels in the same neighborhood for about the same money.

Room Tip: If you are assigned a room on the upper floors, make sure the elevator is working. It was out of com...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear CDR102EN,

Thank you for your comments we appreciate them, we use them to improve.
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Shoddy, small room in maze-like halls. I agree with other reviewers. We even "upgraded" to a renovated room because the first one was so stained and noisy. Holes in the sheets. Sad hallways. This should be a $89/night or less.

Good parts: the staff was really nice and really helpful. They get five stars. And the pet fee is reasonable.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here: be sure to ask for a renovated room away from the pool!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Lissie,

Thank you for your comments, I am very sorry you didn't get the value you were expecting. I do hope you told us about the sheets before you left as this is not the normal, I can reassure you.

Been to Holiday Inn? Share your experiences!