“Expensive for what you get” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Burlington, Vermont
“Expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Shoddy, small room in maze-like halls. I agree with other reviewers. We even "upgraded" to a renovated room because the first one was so stained and noisy. Holes in the sheets. Sad hallways. This should be a $89/night or less.

Good parts: the staff was really nice and really helpful. They get five stars. And the pet fee is reasonable.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here: be sure to ask for a renovated room away from the pool!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Lissie,

Thank you for your comments, I am very sorry you didn't get the value you were expecting. I do hope you told us about the sheets before you left as this is not the normal, I can reassure you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you want a place to stay that is the most confusing hotel layout ever, has a bar in one building and a restaurant in another and has no heat in your room on a cold night,,this is the place to stay. And one more thing..the restaurant food was terrible. There was a very nice person checking me in and the guy who tried to fix the heating problem in my room was nice, but this place needs to shut down. When I checked out, I told a nice lady at check out about having no heat and she offered me a cup of coffee. Since I made my reservation via an online service she said there was nothing she could do. Read the managers comments on other posts and he or she apologizes and says we are working on it. They appear not to be. And one final thing,,, my room exited to a freezing hallway that had buckets catching water from a leak in the roof. Terrible all around.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Scott B,

We apologize for our appearance with the last storm we did get some ice damage on the roof. I am very sorry about your experience.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Pro's: Excellent service at front desk and restaurant - really their great! Awesome pool and hot tub. I have stayed here many times in the last ten years. The pool and hot tub have kept me coming back.

Con's: NOT up to brand standards or NEC.

Deplorable room conditions in those rooms that have not yet been renovated. Avoid the rooms that look over the back lot. I stayed in 288 overlooking that lot and the bathroom was not up to code for sure. You could see the bathroom "light fixture", was a shop light set above a mesh drop ceiling tile. Near the fixture were electrical and plumbing systems and holes going thru the structure of the building big enough for a rat to easily climb thru. As a former electrician I can say it just was not up to code - overloaded metal work boxes, bare wires dangling, etc. Likely some health issues there too with exposed insulation in a living space. Not to mention it just looked like a slum's bathroom.

But hey, they did seem to be undergoing renovations. There were stacks of old filthy mattresses near the pool deck and in the hallways - that's always good feng shui.

I would stay here again if reviews indicated renovations had been completed. If there not.... this place might loose its brand.

Homewood Suites across the road would be a better choice for now.

Room Tip: Avoid certain rooms until renovated. Ask for an updated room if you must stay their probably just f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments the staff tries very hard and we appreciate you. We do hope you return, the staff needs you.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Service was very good our room was clean and well maintained, beds were comfortable all in all an above average visit at a reasonable rate. The hotel is an aging property and does need a lot of work to bring it back to what it once was. Not sure there is a return on that type of investment. As I said our stay was very good however we didn't use the amenities and from what I saw I would choose not to.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear BA Bernier,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you ataying with us and hope to see you again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of weeks during business travel. The only cool fact about this Hotel is its Location on Wolf road and Ease of Access for Airport. This is an aging property with old carpets and old noise making doors. If you see the lifts, probably you willl feel you are in 1980's.
As I felt on atleast 2 times during my 2 week stay that during baths, warm water was no more warm but changing to cold withing a minute or so. Water Conservation!!!!. Painting on the wall behing the bed, was removed and 2 pointing nails staring at you. No efforts to hide. Strangely no fridge in the room. request for bottle opener turned down as they do not keep it anymore in hotel.
Overall my rating is that it is "just about good" to pass the odd night off. Thats it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Himanshu Tripathi,

Thank you for your comments, we try to improve with all the information we receive. We do hope you return.
Ohio City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Check in and drain in sink did not work, they moved me to a new room. Pipe in ceiling of bathroom broke and water in bathroom next morning. Notified front desk they cleaned and replaced ceiling tiles. Next night same thing happened again.

Hotel is not very clean and is very out of date. Cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear 62eddie,

We are very sorry the experience you encountered. We are looking into what happened as I do remember the situation. Again, We do apologize and will rectify the problem in the room. I do know you were satisfied when you left as I did speak with you. Your business is important to us and I do hope you return in your travels.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our stay was Very comfortable.
Service and the staff was friendly and helpful.
Location was central and easy access to highways and local attractions.
We will ecrtainly recommend this property ot friends and relatives

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mr. Ravikiran,

Thank you, please spread the word to your friends. We appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Holiday Inn? Share your experiences!