“bed bugs found-photo to prove” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Albany
New York City, New York
“bed bugs found-photo to prove”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Warning: Do not stay at this location, I had to switch rooms, not once, not twice, but THREE times. The first smelled disgustingly of cigarette smoke, then the second was all the way at the back of the property down a dark empty hallway, which is not a good idea for a single female traveling along; the exit to the outside was right next to that room. Finally, and certainly not last, was the 3rd, and final room, this is where I encountered the nasty bed bug infestation that was there. I quickly removed my belonging and did not stay. Truly a filthy establishment and not exactly the crowd you would like to be in the same building with. There was a man in the arcade area (strange that's there) yelling and cursing and making a scene, making me extremely uncomfortable. do not stay here period, especially if you are traveling with your family and small children.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tammy W, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take all guests concerns very seriously. We do not have a record of this occurrence, it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact us, so we may investigate properly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel was configured in a confusing way. The front desk staff explained the awkward setup so fast and poorly that we were lost trying to find our room for about 15 minutes before I had to go to the front desk again to have them explain it better. The room itself was clean but the shower was not clean and the sink near the fridge had disgusting buildup on it. I would have given it a higher review if the bathroom at been cleaner. Other than the setup and the cleanliness of the bathroom, our overall stay was pleasant. Our kids (2 and 4) loved the pool. The lifeguard was great with the kids and got out some noodles and floating vests for them to play in which was a really nice touch.

Room Tip: The rooms in the central tower were quiet because they were far enough away from the pool and confer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tammy W, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your bathroom. We appreciate your comments, they only make us better. We are happy you enjoyed yourself and hope you return soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've stayed in various hotels around the Albany area, and keep coming back to this one as my default. It's easily accessible off the highway, has a full-time restaurant, and is simply a comfortable place to stay. I was disappointed that my room wasn't made up after my first night there, but there are greater crimes in the world to worry about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tammy W, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I like to apologize for the room not being made up. I do appreciate your patience with us and are looking forward to your return.
Salisbury, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This location was more convenient than staying in Albany, so I selected it based on that criteria. I ended up checking in late and it wasn't the most convenient customer service experience. The hotel associate was on the phone during all of my check in when I just wanted to get to my room.

My room was fine, not extraordinary in a positive or negative way. I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tammy W, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I would like to apologize for your check in experience and we look forward to your return to make your stay a perfect one.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for my son and his family and they thought that it was great. They enjoyed the pool very much and loved the king sized bed. They also like the proximity to everything in Colonie.

The staff was very friendly and made them feel welcome.

Mary R.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tammy W, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are looking forward to your return.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel with nice staff. My suggestion is to try for a tower room if you want something quiet. The courtyard rooms are in an open space and it seems like noise could be a factor. My family stayed in both and didn't seem bothered by that. Nice pool. Amazing bar which is hidden. I wish front desk made me aware of it upon check in. I just stumbled on it. Very chic and romantic. Good location, close to airport and near shopping.

Room Tip: Traveling with no kids, try the tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lindsay B, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to all departments at the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The lobby and entrance of the hotel leave you with a good impression however once you enter your room you will think you've checked into a cheap motel.dirty bathroom grout lines,moldy silicone...gloomy looking room.
The main problem is the mattresses I tossed and turned all night because the mattress was lumpy and uneven. My body sank towards the middle of the mattress because of the 3 inch slant from the side to the middle.
I brought this to the managers attention.She acknowledged that the mattresses were old and offered me a free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tammy W, Manager at Holiday Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write, your business is very important to us. We strive very hard to make each and every guest feel satisfied with the service we give, and are always interested in finding out when we are not.

Been to Holiday Inn? Share your experiences!