“Needs alot of work” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Ulenski Dr, Albany, NY 12205   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points!
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Albany
San Antonio, Texas
“Needs alot of work”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

We arrived and was given a room on top floor. When we got to the room the lights were not working and we saw a hole in the wall. The entire floor looked dark and deserted. I ask if we would be the only ones on the floor and he said yes. Since it was just my daughter and me I ask to be moved to a floor with other people on it. There were 5 floors. We were then given 3rd floor next door to a sports team of 17 year old boys. The group of boys came in around 11:00 and for the next hour running screaming and noise took place. The bathroon sink did not drain. Although we ask for no smoking we had smoke from some other rooms coming through the vents. We were not charged for this room after complaining but don't put yourself through it in the first place.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2005

The Hampton Inn Albany Wolf Rd (Ulenski Dr) is a smaller Hampton Inn, and slightly older than average, but is well maintained. It appears to have been recently renovated, and with holiday decorations in the lobby was quite welcoming. The desk, shuttle, and other staff members were very friendly and helpful. My room, as well as the room that the rest of my party was in was very comfortable, and all the bedding was the new Hampton Inn brand - very comfortable and cozy. The breakfast bar was a cut above those that I have experienced at most Hampton Inns, and the individual in charge kept things clean, orderly, and well stocked. This hotel is convenient to the airport, as well as to I-87 for access to downtown Albany. My only negative observations were that the heating unit in my room rattled occasionally, and that housekeeping should vacuum a little more often behind the nightstand.
I definitely will stay here again if I am ever in the Albany, NY area.

• Stayed December 2005
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2005

I just returned from two nights at this Hampton Inn and was pleased. This seemed to be an older property but it looks like it may have been renovated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was quiet. The only complaint that I had was that housekeeping could pay a little more attention to the details. The carpet appeared to not have been vacuumed very well; dust and lint in the corners. I also requested a new shower curtain, which was installed promptly, as the original one had seen better days. The breakfast was your typical Hampton breakfast. The location was convenient to the highway and numerous restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again should I be in the area. You usually can't go wrong with a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

The front desk clerks went out of their way for us when we requested connecting rooms at check in. The breakfast bar was well stocked. Over all appearance neat and clean. The room was well maintained. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay at an affordable price.

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2004

I've had generally good experiences with Hampton Inns, but the Albany airport Hampton was a real bummer. The first room my wife and I were given was at least 80-85 degrees and the AC was blowing warm air. We asked for a change of room - no problem (friendly staff). Our next room was a bit cooler, but had several other problems that we discovered later. The AC cooled (somewhat), but clanked and rattled all night. The bathroom sink would not give cold water - only warm, warmer, and hot. This place has severe maintenance problems. It's too bad because it's relatively new and the staff tried hard.

Western Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2004

Stayed here after a flight back from the West. We paid the Park N Fly rate when we got to the airport, then left our car there for a week and stayed the night of our return. It's your basic Hampton Inn--clean, in good repair, fresh-smelling nonsmoking rooms. The hotel shuttle wasn't running, as we got in past midnight, but they paid for the cab.

Been to Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)? Share your experiences!