“Nothing but positives” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)

You added Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Ulenski Dr, Albany, NY 12205   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Binghamton, United States
“Nothing but positives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Everything from start to finish was smooth as silk. The location is convenient to the Northway, shopping and pretty much everything else. Great room at a great price! Hotel and room were super clean. Hot breakfast is a nice value add.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sparta, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Sometimes first impressions are hard to overcome. I was driving for about 3 hours when I reached this hotel at about 9:30pm. I was tired and looking to get into my room quickly. I was pleased no one else was at the front desk checking in ahead of me. Just as I got to the front desk the phone rang and the only person visibly working there took the call. As soon as that call ended another call came in and that second call was taken. I was still not recognized despite the likely irritated look on my face. My check in process then started but was interrupted again by another phone call. I guess there was nothing the fellow at the front desk could do, and while talking to me he was very courteous, but I was not happy with the check in process. There are many positives I should point out. The property seemed very clean and every employee I encountered seemed very friendly. The desk in the room had numerous outlets which are always appreciated. The wireless internet connection was easy and effective. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the rate was very reasonable. There were some other minor issues I would point out. The toilet design was very strange. When looking inside the toilet there appears to be something inside that should not be there. But I guess it was just the strange design that made it appear something is in there. I guess you need to see it to understand. There was no vent in the bathroom and it became very steamy after showering. I like to have actual glass cups in the room for drinking as opposed to only the paper. The desk faces away from the television which makes it difficult to work and watch TV at the same time. The lamp on the desk is also a challenge. There is a push button to turn it on and off but a sticker that says you must turn it to operate. That lamp was very difficult to turn on and off. The shampoo in the room had a turn top and not a flip top. The small bottle in my room was impossible to open with wet hands. I had to dry my hands while showering in order to open the shampoo. Interestingly the bottle of conditioner was easy to open so I guess the cap on the shampoo for some reason was just on very tight. The breakfast was very good and was included in the room rate. The service at breakfast was very good. There were only a few issues at breakfast. There is limited seating. The extras provided for the oatmeal- fruit toppings, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar were labeled incorrectly. I also wish they had more types of fresh fruit. They did have bananas and oranges but I love an apple with breakfast. Based on the rate, the cleanliness and the employees I encountered I would recommend this property to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LOS Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our stay at the Albany Hampton Inn was lovely. We were treated like honored family members. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The facilities were clean and fresh. Breakfast was enjoyable and the cookies delicious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sasha S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

You are Family when lodging with us at the Hampton Inn, Wolf Rd! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us including our warm and friendly Staff, breakfast, and delicious cookies! We look forward to your return when visiting the Albany area.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very clean hotel. Friendly front desk, quick check-in. Clean nicely furnished rooms very close to Albany, NY airport. Would definitely stay again when traveling to the area. Close to many restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that we provided a friendly, speedy check-in. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn, Wolf Rd. We love having you here!

Essex, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I always choose the Hampton Inn when on the road. I have never been disappointed. This location is close to restaurants and shopping. James at front desk was very helpful and always smiling. I left behind some important articles and received a call back the next day. Sherrie from housekeeping promptly mailed the items to my home.
This hotel is immaculate and the customer service above expectations. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn's as your first choice! I am elated to hear that our Guest Service was exceptional and that James and Sherry were friendly and efficient. We hope to see you soon!

Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Group trip- April 26-28,2013.
Coordinated trip for a large group(25 rooms). Received no complaints from my group. The rooms were very clean and bright. Front desk personnel were very attentive. Our group arrived a little before normal check in time. Not all the rooms were ready for check in. Luciano(I think that is his name -staff) was on the floor readying the rooms for check-in. I asked him to clean some rooms assigned to my group to speed up our check in process. He did this with a smile. He was very helpful.
The breakfast had a variety of food both hot(eggs, waffles, oatmeal, bacon, sausage) and cold items(Danish, bread, cereal, yogurt, fruit). The breakfast staff worked very hard to keep the breakfast area food replenished. There were a lot of people in the hotel this weekend. But the appearance and cleanliness of the breakfast area as well as the whole hotel was kept up. Coffee and tea were always available in the lobby. Cookies were available about 5 pm. Give kudos to the entire staff working at this Hampton location. Thanks Jerry(manager) for mailing that item to me that was left by someone in my group. Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: no restaurant on site but a really good fish place(walkable) about 2 blocks from the hotel and altho...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that our entire Staff was able to accommodate your Group's needs and that the rooms and breakfast were to your liking. I will definitely share your kind feedback with my Team and we hope that you choose us again while visiting the Albany area.

San Jose, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed two separate nights at this hotel. I used my AAA discount. I arrived late and it was nice to be able to call the shuttle service to pick me up. I had a nice clean room on the 5th floor with a very comfortable bed. Had breakfast at the hotel before I left. I also stayed at this location when I needed to catch an early flight. I needed to have a ride to the airport at 4:30am. Shuttle service was available that early. The front desk packed a to-go breakfast, very thoughtful. Coffee was ready also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to provide complimentary shuttle service to our Guests and I am glad to hear that you are pleased with our services. We hope to see you again while visiting the Albany area.

Sasha Sinishtaj

Been to Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)? Share your experiences!