“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Ulenski Dr, Albany, NY 12205   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points!
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Hamden, Connecticut
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Decided to try yet another spot for our Christmas Day visit to our daughter. We arrived at the hotel late Christmas night and were greeted by a very friendly and efficiant front desk person. There were coffee urns and cookies in the lobby. The room seemed smaller than a usual room, but was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was immaculate. I am a light sleeper, and was appreicative that the heating unit, was the quietest that I have ever heard, almost silent! We had a two night stay, and when we arrived back the following evening there was coffee (a few different selections) tea, and cookies again in the lobby.The breakfast selection was small, but had both hot and cold selections from which to choose, so it was ample. The hotel is located on busy Wolf Rd, but is set back on a side street, so you are removed from the noise of the traffic. All in all, a very nice place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saca S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and choosing the Hampton Inn, Wolf Rd. I am elated that you enjoyed your stay and that our accommodations suited your needs during the Holiday Season. We hope to see you in the near future when visiting the Abany area.

Sasha Sinishtaj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the night before an early flight home. I was impressed by the appearance of the lobby and was very warmly greeted. My room was nice especially the bathroom. The hotel location is excellent...minutes from the airport, near lots of restaurant choices not just your standard airport area fast-food. The neighborhood also felt very safe. I had no problems checking out at 330 am for my flight. All experiences with staff were great. I feel like it was a little more expensive than i like to pay but i would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Saca S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations and that our Staff made you fell welcome. We are very committed in providing the ultimate Guest experience to all of our Guests. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Albany, Wolf Road and we look forward to your next stay with us!

NoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Arrived late afternoon, the location is off the main street. Enter rhe lobby, there are a few people there either doing business on the laptop or waiting for people. Easy check in, I believe it was Sasha, the GM. She told me cookies would be in the lobby in 20 minutes. Hamptons always seem to have this nice cookie touch. Up to the room, and although older, still in good condition. Used the toilet and I must have had my fiber that morning, stopped it up pretty good. Time to go get a bite to eat, so down to the desk to tell them about my maintenance issue and also ask about a mini fridge, as I thought all Hamptons had the fridge and mircowave. The desk said the two issues would be dealt with. Back in about an hour and a half and WAMM, fridge and toilet back to normal.Werid thing was, less than three minutes upon entering the room, I get a call from the desk asking if the two items have been resolved. Good followup. The king bed seemed to be lumpy of the telephone side, so I shifted to the alarm clock side, that fixed it for me. Slept ok, heard some rustling sound on the second night, thought I had a mouse in the room running around my snacks. I had the heat vent on, I realized it was something like leaves in the vent of the AC. Breakfast was positive with the ladies continuously refilling breakfast items and said good morning.This place is behind a restuarant that I dis not try, Wolf's. The airport was 5 minutes away, if you did not get lost and 5 minutes from rhe Colonie Mall and Target aceoss the street. Never felt unsafe, I think I ventured into the Capital District, which I think is a tad rougher. Positive stay overall and would use this location as a launching point for locations upstate.

Room Tip: Look for the freshly baked cookies after 5pm
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and very nice compliments about the Staff as well as myself. I do agree that the cookies are a great touch to welcome our Guests into our "home" here at the Hampton Inn Wolf Rd Albany. I am also happy to hear that your requests and concerns were addressed by the Staff in a timely matter and that you had a nice experience with our Breakfast Staff as well.

We hope that you choose our location on your next trip to Albany.

ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Clean room, convenient location, friendly staff...all the things you look for in a hotel. A few eating places within walking places but if you are patient enough to turn left onto Wolf Road, you will find many major chains and a mall. Outdoor pool. Quiet hotel tucked into a neighborhood behind the diner. My kids were disappointed to miss to cookies and I thought the bed was a little too hard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear that our Hotel and the location fulfilled all of the needs you were looking for. I do apologize that the Kids didn't get a chance to enjoy the cookies, but please know that we are always willing to make a fresh batch upon request at the Hampton Inn Albany, Wolf Rd!
We do hope that you choose us upon your next trip to the Albany area.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I am a big fan of Hampton Inn in general. The beds and bedding are fantastic and I always get a great night's sleep. The staff here in Albany are very friendly and my room was clean. My only negative with this property is I hate turning left onto Wolf Road to get where I need to go. It is a very busy road and it bugs me. But it doesn't stop me from staying here when I am in the area. I have tried other chains in the immediate area and this is definitely my preferred hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Saca S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you so much for your feeback and your loyalty to the brand and our property. I do agree that Wolf Road can be extremely busy which makes it difficult to turn however I am happy that you still choose us overall.

I look forward to your next visit with us!

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a 6:30 am flight departure, so this was an excellent location next to the airport. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We did have a problem with our in room refrigerator making a noise and the staff quickly addressed the issue for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saca S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay here at our property! So glad you were able to experience our Hamptonality and enjoy the convenience of our airport location. We will be sure to have our maintenance team address the noise made by your refrigerator and apologize this was an issue during your stay. We look forward to having you back should your travels return you to our area.

Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my second time staying at this location. The rooms have comfortable beds and are very clean. It is in a convenient location and we had a great price especially for a Saturday night stay during a holiday weekend. The staff was very friendly and the cookies are always a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us as well as our amenties and Staff. We look forward to your return!

Saca Sinishtaj

Been to Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)? Share your experiences!