“A hotel that will change the "unchangeable"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites / Wolf Road

You added Comfort Inn & Suites / Wolf Road to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites / Wolf Road
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205 (Formerly Days Inn Days Inn - Albany Airport / Wolf Road)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Albany
Montreal
“A hotel that will change the "unchangeable"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Have you ever made a fatal and "unchangeable" error? I did, but Comfort Inn, Wolf Rd., corrected it, to our great surprise and joy.
What happened? I made one of those paid in advance reservations that can't be changed and accidentally clicked on the "smoking room" reservation square. Immediately I picked up the phone, called the Comfort Inn, Wolf Rd., in Albany, where my wife and I have stayed several times, and asked if they could alter the reservation. There were non-smoking rooms open on our date, and they were glad to make the change. "It's an easy mistake to make," said the person in charge. Maybe so, but when you're allergic to tobacco smoke, it's one of those fatal errors that you pray can be corrected. And it was.
About the hotel. It's clean, well-furnished, and quiet -- even the room heater/air conditioner is quiet and efficient. The TV has multiple channels, and the Wifi is free. It's located across from a major mall, including PK Chang's and Cheesecake Factory, with other restaurants, like Bucca di Beppo family style Italian eatery, equally close. Breakfast with some fresh fruit is included in the AM. The hotel feels competent in every way. No, it's not a luxury hotel, but a hotel that changes the "unchangeable" error and delivers a welcoming stay makes me feel like I'm traveling deluxe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
McGraw, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was very pleased to bev greeted by a friendly counter person who told me I had been upgraded to a suite. The room was larger than I have had on prior visits and quite roomy and clean. I have been here before and find that they have made some improvements.

Although there is still room for improvement in the common areas and entrances, they are making strides.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
pleasant valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was small but clean and comfy. breakfast had everything including fresh fruit that was perfectly ripe. The breakfast area was very spacious. The pool wasn't huge but was indoors which was nice as it was a rainy evening. Stayed 1 night with my granddaughter and of course her favorite thing was the pool..! Also great location, right across from the mall and near restaurants. Even though it was on a busy street the room was very quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This past weekend we were visiting family in Colonie, NY. and once again we stayed at this very convenient hotel and the Colonie Mall is directly across the street. It Couldn't get better than this. Our suite was clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful. The hotel manager and desk clerk couldn't have been more helpful when I was having a problem with my choice privileges account. Our thank you to you both. The only complaint I have are the eggs Served at the breakfast bar. Their frozen circles just don't taste like eggs. However the coffee is as good as the finest coffee shops. We'll be back in August for another stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed overnight on our way to an Adirondack vacation. Our two rooms were ready, check in was smooth and the accommodations were fine. Breakfast was good - standard comfort Inn, but well presented. The breakfast area is particularly large. My daughter, who came down after 9:00, found that some items had run out, but we had no trouble at 8:15. Overall a quite nice experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
dallas tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good location, average breakfast. Not so clean. Very bad smelling. Stayed here for couple of nights. Chose this hotel for smoking room availability. Nearby to all eating joints. Nice mall across the street.

Nothing else worth mentioning.

Room Tip: Look for other good hotels in Wolfe road and I am sure there are many.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
wny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had to work in Albany for a while, this hotel has a mall directly across the street. There were plenty of restaurants either in walking distance or a short drive away. The free breakfast is always a plus. I could not wait until I heard the laughing of Pam, she was the one in charge of the breakfast, Hearing her laugh in the morning brought a smile to all that heard it. Stop and say hello to her for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business