“Orange Chicken Better Here Than At The Chinese Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Albany, NY
“Orange Chicken Better Here Than At The Chinese Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Yes, this restaurant is spacious and noisy when crowded bu we did an early lunch this past Saturday and were pleased with our meal. I usually choose the lunch portion orange chicken. At $11.95 it's a better deal than the more expensive dinner version with almost the same portion. There's a choice of 2 different rice types and the chicken pieces are in a delicious sauce and slightly crispy. The vegetables are fresh and tasty too. I began with a bowl of their soup of the day which was a chicken/mushroom that was delicious. The small loaves of bread served are always good. The dinks are over priced compared to the marketplace at about $8 for a glass of house chardonnay but we had gift cards and lived it up. Each of us had a free cheesecake card and took our dessert home. I do recommend Happy Hour when the drinks are specially priced and there are inexpensive appetizers. Service was good. Go early or between meal times and you'll enjoy your experience more!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Always Consistently Good No Matter The Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've dined in many Cheesecake Factory locations throughout the years and we were not disappointed when we visited their Albany location a couple of weeks ago. It's connected to the Colonie Center Mall which is conveniently located right off of the main highway. We've dined at this location twice now, and both times we received excellent service and food. I ordered the grilled salmon off of their Skinnyliscious menu, which came with steamed vegetables. The salmon was cooked perfectly with lots of flavor. My husband ordered the grilled salmon off of their regular menu which came with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The only complaint he had was his broccoli was tasteless and bland. If you're going to serve a vegetable than cook it with flavor so that it's appealing enough to eat, otherwise most people won't bother with it. The other people in our party were very happy with their entrees. Bread was plentiful and we didn't have to wait long for our drink order to arrive. Our server was knowledgeable, accommodating and attentive. We've never had a bad experience in any Cheesecake Factory restaurant, from Massachusetts to Florida, and this location did not disappoint.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“delicious food, bad service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

As usual, I was not disappointed by the food and heavenly lemoncello. I usually frequent the CF at home in Tampa but tried the Albany location during a work trip. Service was something to be desired tho. Our waiter was obviously overwhelmed, a young guy looking like a raw nerve all night and scarcely returning to serve any of the tables in his section. If he didnt appear so pitiful I probably would've been more irate. I also didnt enjoy the 2-person speed date style seating. I felt like I had to make a conscious effort to ignore the conversations next to me and keep my eyes on my own table lol...the seating was just so uncomfortably close. At one point the waiter was cracking pepper over the plate of the guy seated next to me which required him to squeeze between the tables putting his rear end within inches of my coworkers plate. And as I left I felt like I was a bull in a china shop trying to hold my purse and jacket over my head to ensure I didnt knock into anything on the next table much less my own. Come on, really?! And I'm not a big girl or anything! Seems funny now but not pleasant at the moment. Management really needs to address this.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oswego, New York
“Understaffed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

THe food was good but the service was poor in my section multiple tables complaining that the waiter was unable to keep up with the volume.

Food was prepared very well and made up for it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Nice and Easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Cheesecake Factory. Hot food, good atmosphere, great service. No Hitches. Huge menu with lots of options. And let's not forget the cheescakes. Delicious. Could have better lighting but other than that, place is a win-win

Visited November 2012