“Clean and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Clean and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. I will be back to Albany in a couple of weeks and this is where I'm staying. The rooms are comfortable and decorated nice in a contemporary style. The personnel are friendly and helpful. I'm a silver elite with marriott and this is the best marriott brand in Albany.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie was enjoyable.

Carrie F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wayland, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a clean and relatively be hotel that is far enough away from the "down town" area but close enough to drive there a easily. We stayed there to just see the area on the 4th of July. I found the staff outgoing and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Carrie243, General Manager at Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie was enjoyable.

Carrie F.
Armonk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The suite was not as spacious as I thought but for the price this was worth it. The overall cleanliness of the hotel and room was welcoming. The checking in was a delightful one. The person who checked me in-a gentleman was very professional and had a sense of humor which was great. He followed up with us once we were settled in our room to ensure that we were comfortable. The staff members I encountered were very polite and professional.

Although I enjoyed my stay, I would recommend some amenities for the children as I had teenagers that were bored because they had nothing to do. This would also provide some time for the adults to unwind and relax. Some entertainment could be as simple as a pool table, game room etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. We appreciate your feedback. I'm delighted that our associates were able to provide a welcoming experience. I hope that you will choose to stay wtih us again the next time you are in the area.
Carrie F
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed at Springhill in November 2013 before Stockade-athon and my stay was fine great. The gentleman at the front desk when I checked in was helpful and very friendly. Although the room was generally clean, a floor length mirror that was on the wall during my stay fell off when my son touched it. It was not a huge deal, because he wasn't injured. In addition, my room only had a shower, whereas I would have preferred a bathtub to bathe my son. I didn't really hear any noise during the night.

Other than the mirror falling off the wall, I didn't have any major complaints about my stay, so I booked another room for May 2014. Unfortunately, my father had fallen ill and required major surgery. When I looked up my confirmation email, I realized that I had been booked a non-refundable room. I called the main Marriott number, and was told call the local hotel. I called and spoke with the front desk person to see if I could (1) get a refund; (2) change to city of my stay; or (3) change the date of my stay.

When I spoke with the front desk person, he told me that there was absolutely nothing that he could do for me--basically, too bad, so sad. I later received an email from the general manager, who stated that she does not make any exceptions and that she believes that she must hold her "guests accountable."

Unfortunately for the hotel, their inflexibility and lack of understanding has cost them a customer.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Allegany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Clean and great to stay here. Michael (I think), who checked us in at the front desk, was very pleasant, so helpful, and took his time with us despite the short line of people accumulating behind me. Courteous and professional even with the difficult person ahead of us in line. Spacious room so it didn't feel like parents and kids were on top of each other, and with the sofa bed the kids didn't have to share which makes things easier. We didn't hear any traffic despite being on the road side of the building. Lots of trees and space to buffer any noise. The air conditioning was noisy but once asleep it didn't bother parents or kids. Breakfast was yummy, especially the waffles. Would stay again! Excellent value!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to sharing your comments with Michael, as well as the rest of our team. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Lived up to its reputation. Comfortable and clean. Like the refrig. Complimentary water in room and awesome breakfast buffet. Next door to a nice cream parlor. Chinese food was delivered to our room.
Pool was small but warm.
Overall a great stay at this clean comfortable hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review letting us know about your stay with us. I am pleased that our hotel provided just what you needed and that we lived up to your expectations. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Rainbow Lake, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We normally stay at the Marriott on Wolf Road in Albany, but on this occasion, the hotel was filled. We went to the Springhill Suites instead and we were not sorry. The reception was friendly and the room was comfortable. We were not able to get a King bed so we found the Queen a little small for our tastes.
The free breakfast was a fine treat. The location was convenient to the Colonie Mall and the Crossgates Mall. The fitness room & pool were small (only a few treadmills).
This is a very reasonable and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Carrie243, General Manager at Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our hotel when your first choice was booked. I hope we will be your first choice the next time you need a room in Albany! Please let us know if we can be of any assistnace in making that reservation.

Carrie Friello

Been to Springhill Suites Albany-Colonie? Share your experiences!