“Great coffee!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Family Fare
Albany, New York
“Great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great service, very good coffee and bagels. They have added salads and soups, I haven't had a bad experience here.

Visited May 2012

New York
“Great for a quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

There is nothing better than an everything bagel with chicken salad, sprouts, onion and hot peppers. Good soup, good service and wireless available.

Visited July 2012
Albany, NY
“Nice place, great staff, okay coffee, inconsistent quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I live in Albany and drive by Uncommon Grounds on my way to work every day. I stop in a few times a month if I've run out of coffee beans at home or want a shot of espresso in the afternoon. I like the ambiance in this coffee shop, but it can get pretty crowded early in the morning and during lunch time.

The coffees are darker roasts and the house blend is a nice balanced cup of coffee to grab on the run. I buy specialty coffees and drink my coffee black when I brew my own at home, but I need to add some cream and sugar to my coffee when I get it here. I haven't been impressed with the straight espresso I order here and the quality of the espresso/milk drinks varies based on who is preparing drinks. I just specify exactly how I want my drink prepared and this seems to help.

The bagels are huge, but the quality of the bagels is inconsistent--they are absolutely delicious on their good days and overcooked/burnt tasting on their bad days.

I decided to try their whole bean coffee recently; I bought their Ethiopian and brewed it in my Chemex. The beans were over-roasted, so I was able to taste only the roast and did not get any of the bean's subtleties. I'm going to try brewing this in my AeroPress, too, to see if I get better results.

The service is always fantastic here--they have a great group of people working the counter! Folks are always friendly and helpful. If the bagels appear to be overdone, go for a muffin or other baked good in the morning or a salad around lunch--those are always great, and the house blend coffee is always a good balanced choice.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“good place to meet colleagues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

good bakery and food. nice place to meet colleagues.

Visited March 2012
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Good Bagels and fresh Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Good place to grab a bagel or soup for breakfast or lunch, good fresh coffee with plenty of choices for those who like a variety of different coffee's. Location is convent. Not as nice inside to hang out as the Saratoga location but food is still good. Not as likely to sit and hang out for a while at this location, they could use more room and comfortable atsmophere for that.

• Visited November 2011