“Nice Place to stay - Location is amazing” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Albany
NJ
“Nice Place to stay - Location is amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is helpful. The continental breakfast is very continental ( not much of a choice). The pool is small but clean. The rooms are roomy and clean.

The location is amazing as you can walk to almost any restaurant your heart desires, the malls are close and even a Barnes and Nobles.

Good hotel for the price

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I have stayed all up and down Wolf Rd in Albany. This time, I decided to stay at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn because of the good recent reviews on Tripadvisor!

We arrive to check in and there are fresh bakes chocolate chip cookies. Check in was easy and quick. I found my room (room 141) was quite lovely. Two queen beds, large mini fridge, microwave and a tv. The bed was very comfortable, pillows (4 per bed) were truly A+. I will say this. The building seems old and you can tell in places that it has been around awhile. There was some tile issues in the bathroom and a slow drain in the shower. However, the furniture is newer and the place is very comfortable.

The pool is large and inside and outside (roof seems to open).

The breakfast is on par with any hotel chain free breakfast. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, pancakes, make your own waffle, bagels, donuts, etc.....

We were in town for a concert at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center --- it is about a 30 minute drive from SPAC to the hotel. While not ideal in terms of closeness, the value MORE than outweighs a little post concert drive.

I WILL stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

It's a clean and inviting hotel. I love the staff very friendly! :)

• Stayed July 2011
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

There are a lot of more expensive places along Wolf Road but this place was the best bargain in this area. The staff was excellent and the rooms here were great with big fluffy pillows. The breakfast was great as well with biscuits and gravy and hotplates with sausage, potatos and eggs. The area is great for eating out with a mall down the street along with all the usual places that are around the malls. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cassville, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western on Wolf Rd for almost 3 months for work. And the staff took very good care of me and my co-workers. Anything we needed, they took care of us. I would stay there even if I was not traveling for work. I enjoyed my time there and the staff is incredibly friendly. I would recommend anyone to stay there whether it is for work or traveling on vacation. Thank you very much Emily and your staff for everything you did for my co-workers and I.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Franklin, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

After years of mucking around with undependable venues to host my convention of the Chinese healing and martial arts, I was so relieved to find the Best Western Albany Airport Inn. The staff is AMAZING. They really CARE and do their best to help. They are also organized and dependable and willing to work within your budget and needs. They also provided some of the best deals and service to my attendees - who are my longtime customers and I care deeply about providing these folks the best I possibly can. I also loved their free shuttle service to the airport and Amtrak train station. Folks LOVED this convenience which made their travel so easy and hassle free. The free wireless internet and free refrigerator and microwave and free coffee maker and hair dryers in each room rivaled that of any resort. The rooms were clean and well-maintained. The food and bev dept was happy to accommodate our requests. I also appreciated that the staff treated my customers very well. I hope to do all my future spring events here, and I also would suggest this place to anyone needing a nice, dependable, safe and affordable place to stay while in the Albany area. The free, full hot breakfast alone is worth the stay - you can't get a deal and quality like that anywhere else in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Book early if attending during an event.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Bristol, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed with some family members while getting sworn into the New York bar. They were beyond accommodating and the shuttle drivers were truly fantastic. There's a mall and some nearby eateries that they'll take you to and pick you back up from when you're ready. Being located a bit outside Albany this service was great. If you can, get a room that walks out to the pool. It's a little "motel-ish" looking, but it was clean, convenient, and the customer service was an A+. I'd go back again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn? Share your experiences!