“Very Nice, But a Little Pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Albany
Centereach, New York
“Very Nice, But a Little Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was nice, but was over priced a little bit. I had no real complaints, but wouldn't rave about it either. When we're in the Albany SUNY area again, i will probably look to get a block of rooms for our team elsewhere. This isn't to say that I wouldn't stay here again, because I definitely would, but I'd look elsewhere first.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Matthew K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. I hope in the future we will be an option for you. If there is anything we can do for you in the future as far as group blocks go let us know. I have two amazing and talented sales associates who would be happy to assist you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I visited the Albany area and stayed at the Albany Hilton Garden inn. It's a bright well appointed hotel with spacious, clean rooms and an extremely helpful, friendly staff. It's right across from the entrance of the University of Albany and is close to major highways making it easy access.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Gtole,

Thank you for your comments on our staff and location. If you should ever be in this area again we would love to have you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at the hilton garden inn Albany for a lacrosse tournament . We found the hotel bright , clean and well appointed. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Albany area

Stayed July 2014
Dear Gary T,

I really appreciate your positive comments on our hotel and staff! I am glad to hear that on weekends which can be busier we are taking care of you like a Hilton should! If you should find yourself in Albany again I would love to have you back!

North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wife and I enjoyed our stay at this Hilton Inn very much. Wonderful friendly staff,
breakfast was fantastic. One of the best omletes I have every had, waite staff, and
chef, no words to describe...absoutly the greatest. We will stay here again.
They couldnt have been more friendly and helpful.
My only suggestion would be is about parking, and especially very late in the evening,
a sign out front to direct you to overflow parking would be a big help. It was difficult to find
a spot to park after 10pm.
Otherwise..we had a wonderful stay at this hotel, we will return when we are in the Albany area.
Please note, this hotel is very gracious to our military, and miltiary veterans, I can't thank them enough, they made me feel so appreciated. God Bless everyone at this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, quite and very very nice rooms. Enjoy their fantastic breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bernie L,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel! I post all of these so our staff can see what they are doing good or where they can improve. I really appreciate your detailed comments about the individual departments. I will make sure they are individually rewarded. Your comments about the way we treat and respect active military and military veterans especially resonated with me. I grew up in a military household and have complete respect for the men and women who serve or have served. I would be honored to have you back!

Center Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Came to town for a tournament. Called twice ahead of time to change mistake in booking from King to two doubles. Told by reservations it couldn't be done but when I arrived the helpful front desk attendants offered a rollaway which was fine. Very convenient to restaurants, big mall, and right across the street from Univ at Albany. Staff was very nice, hotel was clean and always had coffee and cold lemonade in the lobby. Glad I had a good corporate rate, the regular rate was a little pricey but average for this type of hotel. Indoor/outdoor parking was tough but adequate. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Didn't have a problem on the 3rd floor. Quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear JessicaL2012,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. I too look at this site when traveling so I know that a good or bad review can make or break my decision. I appreciate your comments greatly! The next time you are in the Albany area we look forward to hosting you again.

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel was conveniently located for Excelsior College graduation. The food, especially breakfast, was good. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk staff--so-so.
Room was adequate. Parking is terrible. The garage fills up quickly and handicapped parking is very limited.
Nice common area for socializing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear andicb03,

I am sorry you had to cancel but I do thank you for your overall positive review. I would love to have you back as our guest in the future. If there are any issues I can assist you with I can be contacted at the hotel.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stay the weekend of 7/13/14 for a tournament. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Pool was clean, but was very hot in the area and could use better ventilation. Overall a nice stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments on our staff and pool! We have recently updated an air conditioning unit that should add more comfort to the hot tub area on your next visit! The next time you are in the Albany area we would love to be your host again!