“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Great Falls, Virginia
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

I stayed here several times for business during 2008 for multiple days. I think it is the best hotel in the SUNY area. It is new. The hotels around it is old and stinks.

The rooms are nice. Decent work out facility. Across the street from SUNY giving you plenty of space to walk or run. It's 5-10 minutes from plenty of restaurants.

I definitely would stay there again.

• Liked — It was new
  • Disliked — Cost of breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
silver spring, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights for a job interview in Albany. I chose the perfect hotel; I got a lot of rest in the clean, comfortable beds, had excellent meals in the hotel's restaurant, and enjoyed watching the flat screen TV in my room. I am not familiar with Albany, but, the desk clerk was more than willing to help me find my way around with maps, and provided great suggestions for things to do. There was not a staff member without a smile, and I got a great rate too. I am aware that this is a newer hotel, and in addition to a beautiful facility, they have friendly staff was well. I was calm, well rested and prepared for my interview, thanks to the Hilton Garden at Suny.

• Liked — clean rooms, comfortable beds, nice staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seaford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

Went to the hilton garden inn for a weekend get together with friends. Online rates direct from the hotel were very reasonable. This a brand new property & everything was in excellent condition. The room was plenty big and the bed super comfortable. The flat screen HDTV in the room was a nice touch, and the wireless internet was very convenient. Another nice touch - they always had homemade cookies at the front desk which were quite good. Everything was clean, staff was very friendly - no complaints at all, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Liked — great location, excellent price
  • Disliked — pool not that big
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I came to Albany for business. This hotel was farther from downtown than I would have liked (closer to the airport and SUNY Albany), but was one of the few with availability. The hotel looks brand new and is very clean and in good condition. My room was quiet and comfortable. Nothing exciting, just a typical chain hotel. There are conference rooms, a restaurant, an exercise room, and an indoor pool and hot tub (which unfortunately was out of service).

My only complaints were with the service. First, the front desk deactivated my room key before I checked out. When I went to get my bags I was locked out and spent 15 minutes trying to get someone to open my room. Second, both my key folder and the directory of services in my room said that room service was available until 10 p.m. daily. When I called to place an order at 9:30 I was told that room service ends at 9:30 p.m. I didn't have a car and was unable to go somewhere else for dinner. I pointed out the incorrect information in the literature and was told "yes, we know it's wrong. Sorry, we probably should change that." The response from management the next day was much the same: a lame apology and I doubt they've corrected the information.

• Liked — Clean hotel in brand new condition
  • Disliked — Indifferent service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area? Share your experiences!