“fastest hour of the day..” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: Complexions Spa for Beauty & Wellness combines all of your beauty and relaxation needs into upstate New York's most luxurious, eco-friendly environment. Awaiting you at Complexions is a sanctuary of tranquility and luxury designed to rejuvenate the body, strengthen your spirit and gently eliminate the stresses of the day, inviting wellness and healing into your life. Choose from a menu of services including traditional spa treatment as well as century old beauty rituals from around the world using the finest natural ingredients available. Visit our website at to view a complete listing of our services in hair design, skin care, body massage, spa treatments, med spa services, manicure, pedicuring, barber services, make up and our wonderful retail boutique.
Latham, New York, United States
“fastest hour of the day..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The ultimate in relaxing.. They are extremely pleasing and helpful. A pleasure to go every time. They offer many services and treatments but I usually go in for the Swedish or Deep tissue massage. They seem to be fairly split in catering to men as well as women, I have been to other places where I feel out of place. Complexions certainly is not that way. Thank you

Visited June 2013

Albany, New York
“Avoid the Nail Salon!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Don’t waste your time or money for the nail services. For a spa that markets itself as high end with professional nail technicians, they certainly don't try too hard to live up to those standards. My mother and I went for an Express Pedicure in early June. Not only were we taken late, but Lisa ended my pedicure 15 minutes early to take her next appointment. Worse than that, my mother’s nail tech, Hollen, cut her foot while she was buffing it, and then denied it when my mom complained of pain. To top it off, she then put acetone directly onto the open cut and said it was dry skin, despite the visible gash. Neither of us had polish on the edges of our nails, and for $53 each our feet looked awful. My mother and I have both been dedicated customers at Complexions for over 4 years. I e-mailed Denise Dubois, the owner, the next day to tell her about our experience. Initially, she seemed to care and called the following afternoon. Unfortunately I was at work and missed her call. She told me I could reach her in the office on Tuesday (June 11th). When I called, she did not answer and over a month later I am still waiting for her return call. It shows me what little value Denise places on her customers, and her lack of professionalism. If it weren’t for my extreme satisfaction with Melanie in the Salon, I would discontinue all of my services at Complexions. Go down the street for manicures and pedicures; they are cheaper, better quality, and more professional.

Visited June 2013
Albany, New York
25 attraction reviews
“I'm addicted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm one of those people who religiously gets my hair colored/cut every 7 weeks. For years, I've tried to find a place that gives me a great color/cut, but isn't expensive. Unfortunately, I've learned, you get what you pay for. After a falling out with my previous hairdresser (after 4 years), I decided to bite the bullet and try Complexions. Yes, it's pricey...but it's so worth it. I've been going there for just over a year and there's just no comparison. I pay more for my hair, but I am supremely satisfied with it. Its worth every penny! Also, the spa services are fantastic as well. My advice is to find an aesthetician you love and go with the same person for each visit. Unfortunately different aestheticians service the facials differently, so if you find someone you love, stick with her.

Visited July 2013
Glens Falls, New York
37 attraction reviews
“loved it (well, most of it)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My sweet friend treated me to a very decadent day of pampering at Complexions for my 30th birthday present and it was lovely. The spa doesn't look great from the outside, but it is a true testament that you really can't judge a book by it's cover. When you enter, it is luxurious, spacious and very relaxing. The staff is friendly and welcoming.

We were scheduled for 4.5 hours of pampering and came out in 6 hours! Whew! The only thing I didn't love about the day was the full body scrub. It was very uncomfortable and not really done well. I was soaked from head to toe at the end and the room was freezing, it was my first and last!!! Everything else was above and beyond. I walked away feeling like a new woman.

Visited March 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Clean, not mean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

First let me qualify this review by saying that I frequent spas all around the world while traveling for work and pleasure.

In this area Complexions is by far more accomdating and versatile in its offerings. I used to frequent another local spa (for those around here it's the one in S. plaza - I don't like to cross reference places in reviews). While the other spa has some neat offerings the staff. An be very rude - perhaps due to the location or the often very young front office staff. The other negative was the lack of a shower. After an oily massage a shower is much needed and having to or clothes onto out skin feels...not so nice.

Complexions offers a nice rain shower- all the rage right now. However it does only have one shower and on busy days you can wait a fair amount of time to take your turn. The steam and sauna are nice ways to pass the time though. There are few local spas that offer a steam room, so kudos to Complexions.

I also appreciate the generous loungi area with snacks and soothing beverages. It offers an area to chat with girlfriends before or after a treatment and there is no rush to head back to the changing area. Plus, wifi! So for those of us working you can check your email while bundled up in a robe between the facial and the massage.

The hair salon is also very nice. I personally recommend Christopher. He has done a great job for me time and again.

All in all, there are some unique services at other area spas, but the ambience and quality of treatments keeps me returning.