We were en route from Cape Cod to Toronto, and our travel consultant had booked us in here for the night. We checked in early evening and front desk could find no record of our reservation, even though our voucher gave the name and phone number of the agency our consultant had used. The clerk consulted his duty manager who shrugged her shoulders and left it to him. On phoning this agency, after a few anxious minutes, it was confirmed that we had a reservation. They found us a room, even though they seemed to be very busy. The bed was quite comfortable and the room was spacious and generally OK.
We decided to have an evening meal in the restaurant, which was deserted apart from two alcove tables - no sign of staff. I went to the bar where the only person was a woman who was busy on a computer. I told her I'd like a table. She glanced up from the computer and said "He'll be round the corner". In an alcove I then found a man who was equally devoted to a computer. He told us to sit down anywhere. This we did and waited several minutes before he came to take our order. Another wait before we were served. The foot could be described as typical pub grub; it was acceptable but uninspiring.
We enjoyed a good night's sleep before continuing our journey, but the worst was yet to come. "Complimentary breakfast" was a hot and cold buffet, except that nothing was hot. Solid scrambled egg, cremated bacon and home fries were in trays over burners which had expired, and a vat of 'corned beef hash' was inedible. There was a DIY waffle machine which was OK, as were drinks, and toasters. As we left the breakfast room, a member of staff appeared and began relighting the burners and giving everything a stir, perhaps replenishing where necessary.
We were glad not to be staying here for a second night, and our stop-off at Ithaca the next night made up for this disappointing experience.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Albany Hotel Albany
- Ramada Plaza Albany Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Albany hotel offers that rare combination of great rates and friendly personalized service. With all new carpeting in the rooms,(Jan,2014) select comfort pillow top beds from Simmons and 32" flat screen TVs, we are confident you will not only be comfortable but have a great night's sleep. Centrally located in Albany just 5 minutes to downtown and the airport. The perfect location for unforgettable weekend escapes and elegant meetings and events. We pride ourselves in customer service with a well rounded knowledgeable staff that has consistently met all our guests needs.Our hotel's staff provides an unforgettable experience by going above and beyond for every guest. Ramada Plaza Hotel offers exceptional service threw out! Sophisticated and friendly, we provide the ultimate experience for business and leisure travelers alike. We have an upscale free hot breakfast with fresh baked goods delivered daily that guests rave about. Our restaurant offers American cuisine including New York center cut steak to our Certified Angus beef half pound burgers. All reasonably priced to fit anyone's budget.We also have 24 hour 7 day a week transportation to the airport. Shuttles are also available for the train and bus stations but are subject to availability.We guarantee the best experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Ramada Plaza Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.