“Good beer, maybe, otherwise...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of C.H. Evans Brewing Co.

No photo provided
Type: Breweries, Architectural Buildings
Attraction Details
Delmar, New York
13 attraction reviews
“Good beer, maybe, otherwise...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am a beer fan, so I try beers, both craft brews and unusual draft offerings whenever and wherever I can. I have been to C.H. Evans several times, though not recently, and I have always enjoyed their beers.

I visited last night after a hiatus of 4 years. I was alone and asked to be seated at the bar. The hostess was cheerful, but not very helpful, since she was more interested in the host. We found a seat for me eventually and that was that . The bartender was clearly too busy to take care of a single person, but eventually realized that I was there. When I asked for a description of a couple of the different beers I could tell that the bartender either had no interest in or no knowledge of what the different beers and ales were. Perhaps they have a beer menu that would have been helpful to me, but it wasn't offered.

Was the beer good? I don't really know, because I left after having only one. The one that I had was a poor choice for me because the bartender didn't take the time to listen to what I like. I have no idea about the food and didn't want to hang around to try. I do know of places in Albany where I can go for good food and where I can expect attentive service, so after a while I ran
out of patience and left.

The last time I ate at C.H. Evans (four years ago) the food was good, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and a 3* rating. I'm skeptical, though. They could do better.

Visited December 2012

Kinderhook, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Great Beers & Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Like to take clients here for lunch or dinner as the brewed on premises beers are award winning and the food is equally as good.

Visited October 2012
Albany, New York
“Great beer ok food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The beer is terrific. The food is not particularly inventive, but not unreasonable. Amazing room. Was the old pump station when Albany drew its water from the Hudson. The beer is also sold retail in jugs (growlers), which are available for purchase. Also has its own parking, which is rare in a down town place.

Visited October 2012
Albany, NY
21 attraction reviews
“Local beer in a warehouse!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

They brew their own beer and the list is solid. As for the food, it's good quality and large portions at a reasonable rate. Definitely one of my "go to" places here in Albany. The restaurant is convenient to many night spots in Albany including the Palace Theater, Capital Rep and the Times Union Center. I love the spicy calamari there. Give this place a whirl.

Visited November 2012
Fareham, Hampshire
11 attraction reviews
“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We enjoyed a good meal, and sampled the beers on offer. A good range of home brewed beers are on offer.

Visited September 2012