My wife, my son and I stayed here on a trip to RPI in search for a college for my son. Like normal, I turned to TA to find a hotel and like normal the reviews were on the money. This hotel has to be the best I have ever stayed at. It is the small above and beyond thing that made the difference for me. The hotel look like one of the plush hotels you would stay at on a ritzy vacation. Its roomy and homey feeling.
We stayed in a king suite room. The staff were like family by the time we left as we stayed for three days. The room was spotless everyday. I rarely heard anyone else in the halls or above us. The room had a full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, pots pans, etc. The sleep sofa was very comfortable and the linen for it was clean. The bathroom was very nice. there was plenty of parking with entrances all over the place so you don't have to walk too far, along with many elevators.
There is a really nice pool and the fitness center was new equipt with stuff for everyone. I'm a crossfitter and they had what I needed.
Breakfast-Oh my...if you go away hungry, its your own fault. They even had starbucks coffee with added flavor shots. If anyone complains about this hotels free breakfast, disregard their whole review. On Sunday morning, there was a large group who stayed at the hotel who came down for breakfast all at once. I think it was a wedding group. The staff kept up with them plus everyone else who was there. I was impressed.
Dinner- funny story- this hotel had dinner Mon-thur night for free. I tried to convince the wife and son to eat dinner at the hotel. But no, they wanted Red Lobster. they said, you know dinner won't be that good if its free at the hotel. so they went to Red Lobster, I went running and decided to eat afterward at the hotel. I attached a picture of what I had but it was BBQ night. They had a full salad bar, clam chowder, fresh warm cibatta rolls, pulled chicken, BBQ sauce, potatoe chips, cole slaw, etc...Various red and white wines and coors light and some other beer on tap...all for free. The food was superb!. If you are familiar with Red, Hot and Blue restaurants, it was better than that. I asked the staff if they prepared it and she smiled and said yes. My wife and son spent $50 and had a bad meal, mine was free and I was fat, dumb, happpy and had some money left in my wallet. I teased them all night. LOL.
Above and beyond - again, lots of extras I am sure I have forgotten but one example is there is a car charging station in the back of the hotel if you have an electric car. It has free laundry, outdoor basketball court etc.
We have to leave today and we almost don't want to leave. It has been home away from home. Stay here, you will not be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Albany Hotel Albany
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Albany Hotel
- Homewood Suites Albany
- Homewood Albany
- Albany Homewood
- Albany Homewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany is an all suite hotel that caters to the guest staying 5 or more consecutive nights but is absolutely perfect for the traveler that only needs a night or two. All suites include a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, twin burner stove top, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and all pots, pans, dishes, glasses, and utensils. Our rate includes a full hot breakfast buffet, seven days a week, and a dinner buffet including salad bar and beer, wine, and soda Monday through Thursday evenings. We have a beautiful heated indoor pool and hot tub, an outdoor basketball court, a newly remodeled 24-hour fitness center, BBQ gas grills, complimentary washers and dryers, and a well-stocked 24-hour suite shop (convenience store). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.