“A Super Evening at a Super Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA members get up to 10%
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Waterville
“A Super Evening at a Super Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites, Albany, NY, last week and we could not have been happier. This particular hotel is close to the airport - but we didn't hear a single airplane go by. We saw one plane as we drove to the hotel, and it went right over the hotel. The lady at the desk was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The next morning at breakfast we met Lily,the dining room supervisor, and she was every bit as delightful as the amazing breakfast. Great place. We would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the main floor, so maybe that accounted for the reduction in airport noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you to you and your wife for a nice review of our hotel and for remembering to mention Lily. She is a terrific asset to our hotel and we're lucky to have had her with us for the past few years. We truly hope that we see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I travel every month and stay at various hilton properties around the state. We were very impressed with this beautiful property in Albany. The staff is well trained, very friendly, and very helpful. The GSA (Monica) went above and beyond to get a fresh cup of coffee for my wife. The breakfast and light dinner are prepared with skill and excellence. There are a variety of items to choose from. This hotel is one of our top rated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We really appreciate your comments. Thank you so much for acknowledging Monica. It really is the little things that go a long way. Who would have ever thought that a fresh cup of coffee would make such an impactful statement?! I'm so glad we were able to impress you and hope that we have many more opportunities to do so.
Kingston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a great hotel not far from the Albany Airport. The front desk staff was very helpful, the fitness center was in great condition and open 24 hours and the evening reception dinner/drink area was awesome. I definitely recommend this location when visiting the Albany area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for this excellent review of our hotel and our services. I hope everyone takes you up opn your recommendation!
Achterveld, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was our first experience with the Homewood Suites concept and it was a great success. Huge rooms with a sitting area and kitchen. Nice hot breakfast included in the rate. Good location, close to the airport and the Colony Mall. Friendly service. In short, perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much for a "perfect" review...we'll take it!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After noticing that the hotel manager actually takes his time to respond to each review, I decided to update my review to show my appreciation and give everyone an in depth review of this hotel.

I stayed here for almost half year on an official assignment. I truly enjoyed staying here. Most of the frontdesk and general staff were great. Some defintely paid more attention than others. The managers of this hotel pays extra attention to long term guests' need. For a long term stay it is vital that staff gives extra attention to the guest and knows what she/he prefers and they mainly did just that in my case. After a week or so the complimentary dinner gets really boaring as similar menu repeats week after week. My favorites dinner nights were every thursday (since it was the grill night). Thanks to the stove and kitchenware, I often made my own dinner. They also offers decent and much better than its competitors breakfast option.

The hotel is situated near the freeway and one a main street. So, you can basically find whatever you are looking for and get in/out fast. It was very convenient for me to get to work from this location. I'm not a winter person but when summer arrived I was loving this hotel for it's well groomed outdoor greenary. My wife was super excited to find bunnies that live around the hotel. She literally took hundreads of photo of them and looked forward to her weekend visits (just to see the bunnies). With a fullsize one bedroom option, it truly felt like home. The features of the room had very little shortfall. Here are my suggestions on how to give the room a facelift. If possible, better mattress option (it's good but can be great); if possible, install ventilation system in the kitchen; if possible, better sofa set would be awesome.

A very decent workout facility is located right in the hotel. I also enjoyed the pool and the basketball court. The dining hall is a great place to host a large party. There are small private rooms available for parties. We basically took advantage of all the amenities this hotel offered.

The only complain I have about this hotel is its housekeeping service. They should assign no more than two maid to clean a long term guest's room. So, whenever someone other than the regular maid came to service my room, often they would shift things around. I'm very neat and super picky about how I like my things arranged. The housekeeping manager was great and she fulfilled all my requests. However, I really hate to repetitively complain about little things, so, after mentioning it cople of time I decided not to make a big deal about it. These are minor things but it matters. What bothered me the most is when they ran the dishwasher for a cup or spoon. A huge waste of resources. Often I put away a dirty cup for later so that they don't run the dishwasher for one item.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you, once again, for a really great and honest review. This is how we will become an even better hotel. You going back and adding to your original review is so awesome. It's really special when our guests care so much to do something like this. We appreciate it so much and can't wait to have you back, AK!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a double queen suite for the weekend with our two teen boys. It was enough space but wish the living area was a bit bigger. On our second day there we left for the morning and most of the afternoon coming back at 3:30 and our room had yet to be cleaned. We called and asked to have our room cleaned and left to go to pool. When we came back to the suite the housekeeper still was not there and it was 5:00 when she finally showed up. There also was stains in the blanket on the one bed that was changed when we requested it. Having said that i think overall this is a very clean hotel and obviously well kept. Breakfast was excellent every morning and the omelette station was a great add on to breakfast. The service at the front desk and during breakfast was very good and the basketball court was a big hit with my two teen boys. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for a very nice review of our hotel, even given the fact that you weren't totally satisfied. I appreciate your honesty and understanding. I'm sorry that you had to wait such a long time to have your room tended to. We'll be better next time. I promise!
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Actually, there are a number of reasons. The facility itself is clean and well kept. They also serve a solid breakfast and dinner, along with a small selection of tasty adult beverages during the evening meal. Don't miss the omlette bar on Saturday morning.

The prime reason they stay at the top is the staff. I've been there around a month, and stopped by the desk on several occasions to ask questions about the area. Regardless of who you encounter, they're always friendly and more than willing to help. It's not just the ladies at the desk either, the entire staff seems to have it figured out.

In many cases, customer service and attention to detail are foreign concepts, regardless of the type of business you're dealing with. My stay here has been a refreshing change of pace.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HomewoodAlbany, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for this awesome review. We have been trying hard to educate our front desk staff on the hotel, the area, and the goings on in the area and this shows us that something is working! Our entire staff understands that we are here for you. A little secret I don't mind sharing is that we do not hire based on experience but do so based on attitude and personality. It is our belief that anyone can be trained to work a front desk or clean a room but attitude and personality cannot be. The hospitality business is either for you or not for you and we try to select people that belong in this industry. I think we're doing a good job but know we can always do better.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany? Share your experiences!