“The Best Hampton Inn in the US!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, CA
“The Best Hampton Inn in the US!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stay in Hilton family hotels all over the US probably 100 nights per year, many of them in Hampton Inns. I love this particular brand because it's solid, predictable and unpretentious. Having said this, the Albany (downtown), NY property completely blew me away on my recent stay. The beautiful, highrise building is only a block from the State Capitol. It includes a nice bar and restaurant, and a fine workout room complimented by a "relaxation room" where, for a nominal fee, you have private access to steam, sauna, tanning and a massage chair that's out of this world. The lobby is spacious and elegant. The breakfast was Hampton-solid as always. This hotel was well above my expectations for this brand. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Pasadena,Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Had a great stay in this hotel... Staff was Wonderful... Resturant was Fantastic... Really can't say enough... The really should change the name... I expected so much less from the brand...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

My overall experience at the Downtown Hampton Inn has been great. We had a conference there with New York State teachers and they all enjoyed the experience as well. The staff treated us terrifically and met all of all needs. Colleen Guice has been a joy to work with in scheduling events and has bent over backwards seeing that we have a enjoyable experience.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

I have stayed at several hotels in the Albany area and this is by far the best. It is located near several bars and restaurants and has an outstanding staff. This is a 5-star establishment.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I have been stayng at the Hampton Inn in downtown Albany since late March of 2008. I am at the hotel nearly every week and will be doing this until mid July 2010. The Hampton staff has always taken care of me like I was part of the family. The service is always first rate and the rooms are comfortable, well appointed and quiet. The morning breakfast bar is always great and the breakfast bag to go is a nice touch when you are in the hurry in the morning. The added bonus of having Yono's and DP at the hotel give you the luxury of not having to go back out for your fine dining needs. As stated in the title, I would stay no where else in town.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

I spend about 90 days a year in this hotel and they have been very consistent with service and cleanliness. They are very responsive to my needs as well as the needs of others in my organization that also travel with me. Only recommendation would be to set up room service with Yono's/DP Restaurant, both located in the hotel (and both good venues).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Amherst NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I stayed at this hotel back in Oct 2008 for the NYSFLT Conference which was held in nearby Saratoga NY. I made reservations at this hotel as Saratoga had no vacancies anywhere and specifically asked if I could use my debit/credit card to hold the room but pay cash as my bank only allowed a charge of $100.00 a day. I was assured my card wouldn't be charged and payed cash upon arrival. When I departed I signed the bill with the zero balance all was well, so I thought. A couple days later I checked my bank statement and was indeed charged on my card. I called customer service and they said they noted in computer where I paid in cash in full and it was just a temporary hold and would be reversed after a couple of days. After a week passed and charges never reveresed I called Customer Service again where I explained the situation and was given the same information. I even went as far as emailing Customer Service to keep a paper trail and someone called me however gave me the same promises. Needless to say, it is now April and to no ssurprise they did nothing.
The NYSFLT Conference is having another meeting at the end of this month in Albany and I would strongly warn anyone of staying there unless you don't mind being double charged. Its a shame they didn't investigate the matter as these conferences could bring in alot of revenue for that hotel and I know my fellow colleagues will not give patronage to this hotel as I have already warned others of my mishap.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown? Share your experiences!