“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mississauga, Ontario
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed stayed at the hotel for one night as a stop over from a trip to Maine. Room was ready on time and staff was very nice. Our room was clean. All staff at this hotel smile and seem to care about your stay. Breakfast could have been better. Some of the food was cold and I find they do not have very many seats so you have to come down early. What I was surprised about was that once you leave the hotel to walk around you notice that so much of Albany is closed. Restaurant in hotel was very nice but once you leave you see boarded up areas. Surprised that the Capital would be so quiet. Saying that I would still recommend this hotel , it is one of the better Hampton's I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Meaghan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Lovetotravel2005,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also choosing our property as a stopping point on your journey to Maine! I am excited to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our clean guest rooms, hospitable team members and our check in process. There is many restaurants in the downtown area and DP's and Yonos is a wonderful spot to enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast and we will bring this review to the attention of our team members to excel on the opportunities you have provided. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share your most recent stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed here from 8/4-8/8 for and education conference. Wallace was amazing. The hotel was neat and clean. The employees were very friendly and helpful. Wallace was number 1 and Danyel, Niara, Phillip and all the parking attendents were wonderful. The only sour note was Solomon. He was very unprofessional and did not look like an employee of the hotel. He was sarcastic and rude to me as I was asking the front desk directions to the local Chuck E Cheese as I was traveling with a 6-year old. I ignored him but he was very annoying. I reported this to the front desk. I still would come back because the hotel was very, very comfortable and your staff was awesome, especially Wallace. Thank you Wallace!!!!

Dear Karen H,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your most recent stay with us here in downtown Albany. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our team members hospitality especially from Phil, Danyel, Niara and Wallace. Each of these team members are a wonderful asset to our team and each love to welcome our guests with the highest level of service. We greatly appreciate all feedback regarding our property and its team members to celebrate the successes and to utilize any opportunities. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed the cleanliness of our guest rooms and overall property. Again, I would like to thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your most recent stay! We hope to see you next time you are in the area, safe travels!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Very nice and easy check-in. Restaurant is one of best in the area. Exercise room is small but nice. Within walking distance of downtown historical buildings. Got a complimentary upgrade to a suite which was a nice added touch. Would recommend to friends, families, and colleagues.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Tina K,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share your most recent stay with us here in downtown Albany! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our great location, easy check in process, and your complimentary upgrade! Our team strives to deliver a high level of hospitality and show our guests genuine kindness and appreciation. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share your most recent stay. We hope to see you soon, safe travels!
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Albany was a very pleasant surprise and this hotel was located downtown / city center just around the corner for Pearl st. (the restaurant street). It is a 8 minute walk to the capital park, the egg and all the really nice sight surrounding the are. Valet parking is the only option for this hotel. Standard breakfast and everything else you will expect from Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kennethtravelling,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your great feedback about your most recent stay with us here in downtown Albany! I am excited to see you enjoyed our property and its fantastic location. Our great location provides easy access to our beautiful attractions and the other amenities downtown Albany provides. I would like to thank you for being a guest of ours and we hope to see you for any future stays when in the area. Again, thank you for your kind feedback and being our guest. Safe Travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The staff was incredibly friendly from the time I arrived at midnight to when I left at 4 a.m. -- not easy times of the day.

I left a necklace in my room and housekeeping found it, the hotel called me and it is already on its way back to me. Did I mention I left this morning? Talk about hospitality.

Great place to stay for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I was next to the elevator which is never a smart move, but it wasn't bad. I would ask to stay a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Meaghan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Jill C,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your kind words about our property here in downtown Albany! I am pleased to see you enjoyed our hospitality and our friendly team members during your stay. Our team members strive to deliver a high level of service before, during, and after a guest stay and i am happy we could get your necklace back to you quickly. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your most recent stay. We hope to see you soon, safe travels!
omaha, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

found the cleaning staff, 4 women sitting on my hotel floor eating and using my microwave. computer and items laying in plain site, while the door was held wide open. I wonder how many times a week this happens and who they let in the guest rooms?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Zena_AGM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear William L.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our property. We would like you to know that your concerns were handled and this one time incident was rectified and we ensure this is not a trend and will not happen to any current or future guests of ours. We are glad we were able to discuss this incident in person and again we sincerely apologize for this behavior.
middletown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lovely hotel with great restaurants on-site. Rooms are quiet and clean. Free internet and breakfast. Hotel is an easy walk to capitol area. Valet parking is quick and convenient. Would recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Scott,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found everything convenient and to your liking! I am glad you were able to enjoy DP's/ Yono's as well!

Please come back and visit us again soon; we truly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Downtown!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown? Share your experiences!