“Perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Horseheads, New York
“Perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went to Albany for a concert at the times union center. This hotel was perfect for that! You can see pearl at from the entrance of the hotel. A clean and safe, restaurant-filled, 7/8 min walk, even at night, to the venue. It's a straight shot. We would come to Albany again for a concert and stay at this hotel bc of it's location. It is also a newer hotel. Very clean, beautiful tile shower and comfy bed. We vacation a lot and have been in many hotels and this one is one of the better ones!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Mandi2310,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad you were able to come visit us while you went to the concert. I am glad that you enjoyed everything and found our location to be the perfect one for you! I am thrilled that you found the rooms to your liking and you found it very comfortable; that is always our goal to provide the most comfortable accomodations for each and every guest!
Thank you again for spending your weekend in Albany and staying at the Hampton Downtown Albany, please come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here one night on business. Rooms were nice size with good wifi. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful in directing you where to go to eat. There are plenty of "taxis" outside ready to take you where you need to go. I say "taxi", but it's more like a shuttle as they have fixed rates and will let you know what they are after you've already arrived instead of running a meter. (Make sure you ask beforehand if you're using a credit card) Close to the true downtown area and Amtrak. Breakfast was minimal but plentiful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Spankytoes,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us. I am glad that you enjoyed your night here and that you found the rooms to be comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful! I am also glad you were able to have breakfast while you were here, we are constantly working to revamp it and hopefully you'll enjoy it even more next time.

We hope to see you back again here soon, thank you again for staying with us- we truly appreciate have you here!
Putnam Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Before heading to Albany for two conference days I researched the reviews for the available hotels offering the government rate and was impressed with the Hampton Inn. It almost feels like a boutique hotel as you enter the lobby, with everything up-to-date and modern. The room was clean and provided the necessary amenities. It was near the elevator and I worried that I would hear noise but the room felt like it was soundproofed. The hot breakfast is included and offers choices for everyone. Who could argue with the free coffee round the clock? The only drawback is the fee for parking, but I felt secure knowing my car was in the adjacent lot. The location is good -- I was able to walk to the Empire State Plaza for the conference and it was close to the highway. This is a reliable choice if you have government business.

Green Features: I was impressed with the fact that their containers are plant-based recyclable material.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Karen,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and for writing a review for us! I am so glad that you had such a phenomenal stay and that you found everything up to your standards. We take great pride in our hotel and everything it has to offer and I'm glad that you agreed and feel the same way!

Thank you for choosing our hotel, please come back and visit us soon! We truly appreciate your business!
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at the hotel to attend a concert in the city. We took advantage of an upgrade promotion and stayed in a suite. Largest room we ever stayed in. The hotel was a ten minute walk from the concert making it very convenient. There were several restaurants and bars in the area. The hotel is located downtown but was very quiet. We would recommend staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Charles,
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad that you were able to enjoy a concert in the city and found our hotel to be a perfect location for you! I am thrilled that you had a great visit and everything was up to your standards!
Thank you again for choosing our hotel; please come back and visit us again soon!
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

...do not be outside when the bars let out. We were on the 10th floor and were awakened by loud noise and sounds of small explosions 7/5/14. It ended up there were large crowds in the parking lot at Pearl St. As we watched police, at least 10 on foot were in the parking lot breaking up the crowds. A car came down Sheridan and an M-80 was thrown out on the sidewalk and exploded. A cruiser car came into the lot then stopped in front of hotel and were handcuffing a gentleman.
This does not take away from the quality of the hotel itself. Very friendly staff at valet and check-in. Pillows are too soft. Bed is comfortable. Breakfast is decent. Elevator was loud so make sure you ask that you are not near the elevator.

Room Tip: Elevator was loud so make sure you ask that you are not near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sully423617,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us! I am sorry to hear that your stay was so noisy and there was so much activity on the streets outside! Unfortuantely, being in a city (nonetheless the Capitol), we cannot control that as much as we'd like to! But I am glad that your experience IN the hotel was great!

Please come back and visit us again, hopefully it'll be MUCH quieter next time! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Downtown Albany, we truly appreciate it!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Let's be honest, it's a Hampton inn, not the ritz. Expectations were tempered as such. The reception is hit or miss, best on sunday. The rooms are pretty much what you pay for, nothing more nothing less. This may lead to wonder why, why give this hotel such a good rating? The reason is plain and simple, the valet is great. They are very personable, give great insight as to where to go in the city, they will accommodate you and make sure that even if they aren't there personally, you will still be taken care of. These guys are genuine, and not just fishing for tips, they care about there jobs and I've been to this hotel for years and was always treated respectfully. One in particular, I believe his name was Omar, always stopped me when I forgot my phone in the car a number of times and made sure I had it before going up to my room. He did not linger after waiting for anything, he just did it because he cares. I travel frequently for work, and it is experiences like that, with people like that, which makes me return. It's the silver lining of this mediocre hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Marc,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you continue to come back to us and have been such a loyal customer! I am thrilled to hear about your fantastic valet experience(s). How wonderful! We also agree that they are fabulous, friendly, and genuinely good people. I am particularly impressed to hear about how wonderful Omar has been to you- I will be sure to pass along your kind words to him and his manager.

Thank you so much, see you soon!
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I will on occasion play tourist in our hometown and when we do we stay at the Hampton Inn. it has a good location, I usually find parking on the street and the rooms are good size and fairly updated.

There is now another Hilton up on State Street. The property itself has changed hands a number of times over the years, but for my money you are better off at this Hampton Inn.

It was also pretty busy for a Saturday in downtown Albany.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
TPXB,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you make the trip back to Albany and choose us as your home away from home! I am glad that everything is up to your liking and you choose us time and time again.

Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate having you here!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown? Share your experiences!