“Always Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albany Pump Station/CH Evans Brewing Co.

Albany Pump Station/CH Evans Brewing Co.
19 Quackenbush Sq, Albany, NY 12207
518 447 9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 609 Restaurants in Albany
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: C. H. Evans Brewing Company at the Albany Pump Station, Albany’s premier location for food and hand crafted beer. With up to 10 in-house brews to choose from, The Pump Station is sure to have something for every beer lover.
Brunswick, New York
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Consistently serves excellent brew and food as well...my favorite is the Kick [--] Brown Ale. Nice and hoppy. The burgers here never dissappoint either.

Visited April 2013

Albany, New York
“Fancyish Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I came here for a weekday lunch with a group. A few people ordered the lobster & shrimp macaroni & cheese, and had been talking about it as their favorite dish beforehand. A couple of people ordered some kind of salad with crusted chicken on it, and they liked their meal choice.

I ordered the veggie burger with fries, and enjoyed it. It's a little on the mashy side, which is typical for handmade veggie burgers, and is fine by me. It had good flavor, with a touch of zest to it. The burger came with good "pub fries" as well.

The place has good atmosphere; it's not your typical bar, with bar food. It's well-lit and airy, and is appealing to all kinds. While there, I noticed a good, diverse dynamic. I'm in my mid-thirties, and people of all ages were there; I wouldn't have expected it, but behind our table was a big table seating a group of seniors. This is why I'd refer to it as fancyish pub food. It's like a fancier version of what you might find in a typical bar, not only in menu selection, but also in quality. If you'd call it bar food, you'd call it GOOD bar food.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Venue, Solid Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place is a cool set up with a great selection of beer. The place was packed when I went for a later dinner on a Tuesday night.

I sat at the bar and was served promptly. I just wanted to decompress after a long day and am glad I came here. The bartender was attentive and made good suggestions. My burger was well made and was better than expected. The homemade chips were tasty!

The beers are really good as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
1,012 helpful votes 1,012 helpful votes
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were in town on a business trip in April. Our host recommended Evans Pumpstation. He was spot on. The pump station provides a unique and casual atmosphere within which to dine and partake of their local beverages. The dark ale is good. Their salads were good as well. It is a busy spot so come prepared for a wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield County, Connecticut
“Busy place, pretty good food, the beer was a little underwhelming...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very hip happening spot! The host was rather snooty when we arrived (at 7:00 p.m. On a Tuesday) without a reservation. After a 15 minute wait, we were seated. We tried all the beers, with a sampler, and they were all a bit one note, almost flat. Decided on a cider, it was pretty good. My husband enjoyed the strong ale. Our table tried an appetizer sampler, the onion rings were really good with a chipotle dipping sauce. Everything else on that plate was meh. We had the ravioli, a grilled pork chop, pulled pork sandwich, lobster and shrimp Mac and Cheese (penne) and bacon stuffed bar-be-que sauce dotted baked shrimp. The food was good. The service was, well the server apologized a lot, it was okay. She was very nice, but, We did a fair amount of waiting. The decor and atmosphere were totally cool, so it was all fine in the end.