“Summer 2014” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Osted, Roskilde, Denmark
“Summer 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, and the room is great, clean and in very good condtions.
The staff was forthcoming and very serviceminded.
The hotel is placed within walking distance to a large mall.
All a nice experience

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brandon C, Manager at Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Above anything I would have expected from a Residence Inn. The room was smart, sharp and even though it didn't come with a room with a view I was very impressed at the cleanliness. Ultra modern, yet welcomed you home. Breakfast was included with our stay and was excellent, with great choices from waffles, eggs, to cereal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stop over for one night on our way to Niagara Falls from Boston. The property is only 9 months old - you could still smell the paint. Rooms were modern, clean and still new. We had a studio room for 2 adults and 1 child. There was plenty of room. Added bonus is the kitchen area. If you want to cook you can. Could not fault the property at all. Staff were really friendly and went out of their way to help you. Breakfast was standard for the Residence Inn. The mall is only a minutes away if you want to shop. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope to see you again in the future!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is a bit hard to get to, but once you get there it is in a great location. The room was clean and the staff was helpful in getting us more linens. There is a big mall within an easy walk and a nice shopping center across a busy street. Chloe, the front desk attendant who greeted us was extremely friendly and accommodating when we arrived.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and will make sure I pass on your comments to Chloe!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding in the area.
First, in getting to the hotel. We got as close as possible, but based on my map, it looked like we had to take a U-turn to go back to the mall to get there. But there was no entrance from the mall. So we circled back and took the turn at the light on Washington Ave Extension (at the McDonalds/Wal-Mart). The hotel is on the side/frontage road. It would have been very helpful if there had been even a small sign with an arrow directing you there, or an entrance off the mall road behind the hotel.(More detail on this later)
We had a 2 bedroom suite that was very nice and roomy enough for us. The King size bedroom has a beautiful walk in shower. It didn't have sliding doors or curtains so some of the water sprayed out onto the floor and bath mat. I loved the large wall mirror in the bathroom that had the lights behind it. Nice touch.
The second room had a queen size bed and a normal bathroom with a shower tub combination. The mattresses were absolutely not comfortable. Interestingly enough, we have stayed at other Marriot properties and they had the more 'deluxe' mattresses (like a temperpedic 'style'). Our beds were traditional mattresses (best I could tell) with squeaky bedsprings. As the hotel has only been open less than a year, I would have expected the beds to be more comfortable.
The facilities were very nice and clean. My father used the exercise room and it looked to be in good condition with basic equipment as well as towels.. No one used the pool but the area also looked very nice.
The morning breakfasts were very nice. It offered hot and cold food, fresh fruit, breads, cereals, juice, soda and coffee. Granted, there was no orange juice (I thought that was a basic) and the Pepsi was out of order. And some of the foods differed slightly each morning. All in all, it was a very nice complimentary breakfast.
Other amenities included a beautiful patio with a fire pit and comfortable chairs, a basketball court and 2 computers and a printer for your conveniences. Not to mention free Wi-Fi.
Our only 'real' complaint was after being out all day the last day (for the wedding) we got back in the evening and our room wasn't even touched. Trash, dirty towels, unmade bed, etc.... I had to go down to get a large garbage bag, clean towels and replacement shampoo, etc... What I was extremely happy about was in the morning I had a chance to speak to Brandon, the manager. He was extremely appreciative of me bringing my concerns to him. As he stated, they are relatively new and need to know where problems exist. With that said, he took my concerns about the lack of maid service the day before very seriously and was able to help compensate appropriately. At that point, I shared my concern about the lacking signage. He explained that due to the location (a 'reserve'?), that they supposedly can't put the sign up there. And as far as an entrance off the mall road, he stated they were told before they built that they would be able to make and entrance. But now, the mall is holding back on letting them do that.

In the end, should I be back in the area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I apologize that your stay did not fully meet your expectations. If there are any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide please feel free to contact the hotel directly!
WALPOLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

New property so the place looks nice but the staff is below average resulting in below average cleanliness, food quality, friendliness and they don't keep food offerings available during advertised times. My room was not vacuumed in three days, the "Managers Toast" was being closed down 15 minutes early and when I looked for items to eat the staff looked at me like I was in the way of their clean up. There were no cups to get a drink so basically if you do stay here, get to the Managers Toast when it opens and be glad for anything you get.
The breakfast quality is variable, the oatmeal is watery some days and full of clumps the next.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brandon C, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize the food service did not meet your expectations. If there is anything else you'd like to share I'd be happy to hear your comments!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here to be close to a family function and had two rooms. One was a two bedroom and the other a studio. The rooms were spotless, spacious and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful from the time of registration to our departure. We needed local directions, more than once, and were assisted by very competent staff. Breakfast was great and a staff member was assigned to assist with both cleaning and making people feel comfortable and welcomed. This was especially important to us since we were traveling with family members. There is a huge shopping center directly next store and the New York State Thruway down the road. The entrance to the hotel was a little tricky, so call the hotel, so they can give you exact entrance directions. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue? Share your experiences!