“The Best of Albany” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
New York City, New York
“The Best of Albany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I went to grad school in Albany, and Rags was my "go-to" place for lunch. To me, their isn't a better sandwich and sub place in the capital region than Rags. The sandwiches are huge and there are great sides as well (I recommend the caprese salad, the fresh mozzarella they use is amazing!). When my fiancee came up to visit me, we always made a point to visit Rags because the food is so solid. I also highly recommend their sausage and meatballs (made on site), I made it a tradition to buy them on Saturday to be used in my Sunday dinner. The whole staff is incredibly friendly as well and the place is even better since it was renovated last year.

I miss Rags alot since I graduated last year and moved out of the area. They are the best!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great local place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

A great family run place! They are all friendly. Amazing subs, that are large enough to share with someone. All their salads are great too. A tip...during the week around lunch time, make sure to call and order ahead, or you will spend your lunch time waiting in their always long line.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good Italian grocery. Huge chicken parm subs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

Good Italian grocery. Huge chicken parm subs.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place to stop on the way home for Italian bread, sauce, meatballs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Great place to stop on the way home for Italian bread, sauce, meatballs