“We liked it!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“We liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Van's was recommended by some locals who said that it is one of their favorite restaurants. They certainly did not mislead us. Good food, excellent service, and good prices-- what more can one want! I would certainly go back next time we are in the area

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albany, New York, United States
“Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were greeted immediately upon arrival. Once we set down our waiter came right over. We ordered a bottle of Goliath Shiraz from California. Good wine that served its purpose. I ordered the fried vegetarian spring rolls and a shrimp salad as starters. The rolls were good, but the shrimp salad was fantastic. All of the accompanying sauces were delicious. My roommate ordered the Curry Tofu and I ordered the Sautéed Spicy Seafood main course. The scallops, mussels, and shrimp were cooked to perfection. Once again, the sauces were spectacular. Our waiter(s) were excellent. It was confusing not knowing which one was our waiter. One took our appetizer order and the other took our dinner order. I was worried that we may not get our apps or dinners. Nevertheless, it all worked out. The food was great!! This was my 6th time here and ill definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent food, ok atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the spicy shrimp, and serving was HUGE. I thought the food was ok. It was extremy spicy, but the shrimp was just ok. I left wishing I had ordered pho. Service was fine, but I have heard they can be a bit slow.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Good Food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The quantity was large and the food was excellent on our stop in Albany.
The service was excellent too. Will try to go there again if I ever stop in that part.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
“Hometown Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm an Albany native, and Van's is hands-down my favorite restaurant, my go-to during every academic break and return from a long stint away from home. The portions are generous, prices reasonable, food absolutely incredible. Crucial tip: Don't go on a weekend night; the wait (from ordering to delivery) is excruciating and a mental torture I would never subject my worst enemy to. Lunch is ideal or on a slower day. The staff is friendly and helpful. The salads are a great starter and the most delicious way to eat vegetables, ever. The sweet sauce is to die for. My go-tos are the tofu curry (rich spices, creamy broth great for dipping rice into) and the grilled pork vermicelli with make-it-yourself rice paper wrappers to make summer rolls (also comes with sweet sauce, meat is marinated to perfection).

• Visited June 2013