“On the must stop list when I am in town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Howard Beach, New York
“On the must stop list when I am in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Whenever I am in Albany, I have to have a meal here. They have the best caprese salad I have ever had and I simply cannot go through Albany without getting one. I have never been disappointed with anything I have gotten here and the service is always prompt with a smile. The atmosphere is old school italian restaurant and they do a great job with the decor. I will be counting down the days until I can get the caprese salad again... It is that good!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Enormous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had dinner here with friends. Great clams as a starter. Enormous portion sizes for the entree. Excellent chicken piccata but wished I could have finished the pasta that came with it. Lovely ice cream dessert. Great atmosphere.

Fleming Island, Florida
“Good Food at a Decent Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I was in Albany on business and we had dinner at Delmonico's Steak House. We ordered many appetizers (bruschetta bread, calamari, fried cheese, etc.) and they were all great. I ordered the Delmonico's house steak. I wasn't as impressed with this steak as I was with the NY strip. The Delmonico's house steak was a large steak but there was a lot of fat on it. I tried the strip and liked it more. I recommend you give this place a try. It can be very busy, so I would call ahead. I think you will enjoy it as much as I did.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chestertown, Maryland
“Good price, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in Albany, NY with my wife and son for a campus visit to RPI. We arrived hungry and ready to eat after a 6 hour road trip. So, like normal, I got onto tripadvisor to see where to eat. We were in the mood for steak so we chose Delmonico's based on the TA reviews. They are correct.
We pulled into the parking lot and saw a golf cart parking lot shuttle which will deliver you from your car to the front door. We found a good spot so we didn't need it. When we walked in, is was about 6 pm on a Saturday evening. We were greeted by a friendly staff who told us the wait would be about 10 mins, which it was. The staff are dressed in mafia attire. This is a restaurant where any dress is acceptable even though I would consider it fine dining. There was plenty of room to wait where you're not standing on top of each other. The restrooms were clean and spacious.
Dinner-Before I give my review, let me explain...I normally prefer eating steak my wife prepares over anyone elses AND I don't like to pay a lot of money to eat out. However, TA reviews said Delmonico's was reasonable so we went. My wife ordered shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta and I ordered the Fillet steak. We shared the two meals along with a salad. My 18 yr old son, who eats constantly, ordered a steak as well. The meal came to $74 for all three of us. My son had to take part of his meal home as the portions were plentiful. Everything was cooked to perfection and it tasted "divine" (that's my fancy dining talk). We stopped by the cheesecake factory for dessert to go so we didn't have dessert here. It was a wonderful evening. The servers was wonderful and friendly. Eat here. You won't be disappointed. Hopefully, our son will get into RPI so we'll definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atascocita, Texas, United States
“Amazing entrees, but you can skip dessert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself and two co-workers were in Albany on business and looking for a relaxed place that had some New York atmosphere. The mafia themed waitstaff and decor are fun, but it was the food that will have us coming back on our next trip. I had the steak medallions over Alfredo pasta and the Caprese salad. Both were incredible! For dessert I ordered the special, peanut butter cheesecake- big disappointment! My coworkers ordered the lobster special and the other ordered the additional peppers, mushrooms and onions. Both raved about them the rest of the trip. This was our favorite meal during the week long stay in Albany!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere