“Fantasic Server!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Delmar, New York
“Fantasic Server!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I never, ever write reviews of restaurant chains. Be it Subway or Ruth Chris Steak House, you know what to expect- price, quality, service, etc. However I'm making an exception after the WONDERFUL experience I had there last night, Dec.23. I was in between appointments, it was 5.30 and I hadn't eaten all day. I was apprehensive about going here as it is in a large strip mall. However, I love their French onion soup, so I gave in. Entered and requested table away from bar noice. Everything was "typical", the usual. Then my server came to the table. Her name was Deena and she was absolutely FABULOUS! Polite, quick, friendly, smiling. She even offered me a suggestion about my order that gave me the same food I wanted but saved me $5. My jaw dropped, as usually the service in these places is impersonal, and it's hard to distinguish one server from another.
Let's face it- it's the night before Christmas Eve, and most customers coming thru the door are stressed, cranky, overwhelmed and in a hurry. I watched Deena handle 5 other tables with distinctly different diners, and she was consistently pleasant, helpful, efficient and unruffled with everyone. I have not had that kind of pleasant experience since I can remember. Deena was absolutely wonderful, a person who loved her job and it showed. If you stop here, ask to be seated in her section. She turned an meal with average expectations into a lovely dining experience, and she needs to be recognized for her expertise.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Crawfordville, Florida, United States
“What can I say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service was excellent, food excellent, it was hot and not a long wait for our dinner. Nice place good atmosphere What can I say? Will eat there every trip to Albany.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Indiana
“Got what we wanted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Same as other Fridays. You get what you came for. Decent food. Great service with very friendly servers. Good atmosphere. Just what we wanted after a very long 13 hr drive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delmar, Delaware
“Ate here twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food was good, the waitress and waiter we had the two times we went were great. Clean place. It was located in a shopping center, which was good because we could walk off our meal after.

Visited September 2013
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-lac, Canada
“A great place to eat in Albany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We chose to eat here because the car park was full. We were not disappointed. The food was tasty and we all enjoyed our varied dishes. There are several other restaurants nearby, but their menus are much more expensive!

• Visited August 2013