“Freakin YUMMY breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Upstate, NY
“Freakin YUMMY breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This little gem has AMAZING food- it is VERY tight inside, but any wait less then 40 minutes is WELL rewarded.
They have the MOST unusual offerings-the Oatmeal and raspberry pancakes are CRAZY good.
They have a crazy Crabby McStooges omelet, a fighting Irish frittata, DELISH varieties of bread for toast- I mean Isiah soda bread and not just on St patty's day????
Plus- look around-lots of local Albany politicians hanging out eating breakfast right along side of you!
Parking is an issue-but there is a "ghetto" chopper around the corner-we always park there.
this place gets 4 THUMBS UP!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Albany, New York
“LOVE the brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I have been wanting to try this place. For our first anniversary, we decided to do brunch here (finally). We were not disappointed, and judging from the crowd, everyone knows it's a great spot. We ordered off a special menu, which was nothing short of amazing. My husband went classic on a mimosa, but I tried one of their specialty mimosas - yum!

The setting is small and cute, and the service was great. Do be afraid to sit at the bar!

will be going back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scotia, New York
“Madison Cafe Serves a Mean Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We arrived around 10 a.m. on Martin Luther King Monday and were told we could wait or sit at the bar for breakfast. We were hungry so we opted for the bar. Service was fast and friendly; the food was delicious. Both breakfasts were served piping hot. The Leeky Pot Frittata was came with home fries and a choice of house made toast. We added a side of sausage. The frittata was delicious. And huge. The potatoes were crispy on the outside and seasoned perfectly. The house made bread was delicious. The sausage, too, was very good. The Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes were also delicious. As was the side of bacon. Madison Cafe was a definite winner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“Best Breakfast In Albany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love the breakfast here! The wait can be long on the weekends but the food is so worth the wait. I love the home fries, and my kid begs for the pancakes.

Visited August 2012
Voorheesville, New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Took a friend to breakfast & bragged about their Oatmeal Raspberry pancakes. I hadn't been there in ages. I liked the new (to me) upper level. I thought it was quieter than before. The service was good but the coffee was weak and my so loved pancakes were not cooked thoroughly. So I was disappointed.

• Visited December 2012