“16 million spent, none on quietness!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Albany

Save Saved
You added Hilton Albany to your Saves list
Hilton Albany
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Lodge Street, State & Lodge, Albany, NY 12207 (Formerly Hotel Albany)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Fly!
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Albany
“16 million spent, none on quietness!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We came in with a large group on a concert weekend. The rooms are nice, pretty average. The people were nice and very accommodating. The one thing I have an issue with is the sound proofing, none on the windows facing the street. Also the god forsaken doors. 16 million on a renovation and the doors are heavy and slam very loudly. Very disturbing. Spend an extra $25 and dampen the doors, lord knows you can't depend on people to be courteous and quiet. Other than that, great resturants around this hotel on Pearl street.

• Stayed July 2014
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Pushrod,

Thank you for your review recently of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciated your high marks and praise for our hotel and our staff, I also appreciate the constructive comments reagarding the quietness in your gust room and the hallways. We are attacking this problem as I type this and see completion and resolution to this problem in the forseeable future.

Thank you again.

John D'Adamo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Strasburg, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I frequent this hotel about once a month and my stay is always enjoyable. Following their massive renovation, the hotel continues its charming service with a fresh look. Food is above par and wait staff is very attentive. Although at times the front desk can make one feel a little rushed (it is a very busy location), any and every request is fulfilled in a timely manner. The rooms are beautiful, the location ideal and the views commanding. My itinerary will not be changing in Albany!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Stefanbraham,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor. Reading about your frequecy of stays I am hoping that you already are a Hilton HHonors member ?? If not , then please let us enroll you during your next visit and if so, we thank you for your loyalty and look forward to serving you once again.

Yours in Service,

Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a wonderful experience by hotel worker whose name was Shiriu. she was just someone that was proud to be part of Hilton, cared that she did the best she could for me and my wife in make sure all the little things were taken care of. It is not often these days that you run across someone that cares about how they do their job, expect nothing extra in return. I would go out of my way when I am in or even close to Albany to going to this hotel for that alone. Wish she was in some way rewarded for her true love of her job.

Room Tip: View overlooking the Capital was cool!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear NeilGCarousso,

Thank you for your recent Five Star review of the Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor. As nice as it is to be rated so highly by our guests, it is even more significant when a guest, "such as you" points out exceptional service from one of our team members. Shirin at our Front Desk is the consumate professional. She always puts the guest first and ensures anyone who she checks in has an exceptional experience.

Thank you for Catching her at her Best !!!!

Rochester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was very nice. It was very easy to walk to places from the hotel. I stayed for business, so the company paid for the room, so I wasn't concerned about the cost. If I returned to the area, I may look for a place that was a little less expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Taryn N,

Thank you for your recent Four Star review of the Hilton Albany. Thank yu for your great ratings of our servcie, location and comfort. Please always check for great rates either on our website, or simply going directly to Hilton.com. Lastly, if you are not already please become a Hilton HHonors member. Thsi way for each and every stay in any of the Hilton Family of Brands hotels you will earn points towards a future stay.

Looking forward to hosting you again.

Warm regards,

Uniondale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My organization has been booking our annual convention at this hotel for many years now. It was wonderful as another hotel chain, it is even more exceptional now. We are very familiar with the staff as they are with us. They are very accommodating, polite and will go out of their way to make your stay a great experience. My organization travels quite a bit during the year but Coming to this hotel is like coming home. The restaurant staff, housekeeping, engineers (janitorial) , banquet staff, front desk, managers, reservations, valets. Shuttle drivers EVERYONE IS FANTASTIC. LOVE THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: If traveling with children the junior suites are beautiful there is a king bed and living room area...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kim J,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff during your recent review of the Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor. It is always great to read when a guest calls your hotel their "home away from home". Our staff is knowledgable and proud to welcome back repeat convetions such as yours. I am proud of our team and I appreciate your recognition of them !!

All the Best !!!

Yours in Service,

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

The Hilton Albany and its staff are exquisite. It's located right in the heart of downtown Albany. With everything you would want on the premises, is within walking distance to museums, pubs, and restaurants.

Although I enjoyed my stay, there were a few issues. At first my room seemed immaculate until I went into the bathroom. The tub and sink were dirty and there was hair on the counter. I'm not talking about a little bit of hair either. It was enough to know the guest before me has long blonde hair and apparently spent a lengthy amount of time in the mirror. I understand that mistakes are made but I always stay at Hilton or Marriott hotels because of cleanliness and the attention to detail. An uncleaned bathroom is unacceptable to me!

My other gripe is the $12/night for parking. I travel often due to work and have never payed for parking while being a guest at a hotel. I know it may be a bit petty but I was there for a couple of days with a rental.

I have to mention the staff there is absolutely amazing and was extremely helpful. Other than that, great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Knd711,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany. I am happy that you were pleased with our staff and our service, but of course disappointed to read that your bathroom was not up to the standards you should expect from a hilton.

I would ike to know more about your room and location. Please feel free to email me at the address below.

Thank you.

john.d'adamo@hilton.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The new renovations look nice but the quality of the service is lacking. I booked a room for two nights then added a third night. They said I would not have to check in again for the additional night. However, I found the bill slipped under my door after my 2nd night. I had to go to the desk and check in again. They also put another hold on my credit card so there are now two holds, 4 days still after checkout, on my bank card. The pool was closed with no explanation. It was just closed, in the middle of summer. I waited 15 minutes to get a drink at the bar that was not busy. This hotel is smack in the armpit of Albany and it sure shows. Downtown was dead on a Saturday night. All in all, I would not recommend this place at all when you have the Hampton Inn right down the street with free breakfast and houses a 4 star restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tee S,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to immediately apologize for the service you had received regarding your reservation. Your review is unique in the sense that you have expressed a deep concern about our location withn down town Albany. I must tell you that this has been a first reading this. Typically we are praised for our location in downtown Albany.

Please email directly at my email address below to discuss your review further, if you wish.

john.d'adamo@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Albany? Share your experiences!