“Wonderful banquet services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Albany

You added Hilton Albany to your Saves list
Hilton Albany
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Lodge Street, State & Lodge, Albany, NY 12207 (Formerly Hotel Albany)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Cherry Valley, United States
“Wonderful banquet services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The banquet staff went out of their way to ensure my vegan diet did not get in the way of having a great dinner and breakfast. The meals they prepared were simply amazing! The room was amazingly clean. Did not have a direct USB plug to connect to in order to charge electronic devices.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Dennis L,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see that our Banquet Service team led by Mr. Phil Cottrell exceeded your expectations during your food and beverage experiences. Phil and his team are becoming the finest Banquet Staff in the region.

We are happy that we exceeded your expectations.

John D'Adamo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Recently attended a family wedding and stayed for a few days. As a Hilton Diamond member I stay away more than I'd like & experience all manner of service levels. The hotel generally delivered on all the areas you'd expect. The reason for my post is too ensure that when you stay you seek out Shirin at the front desk - her approach was both welcoming & professional - a credit to Hilton brand. Additionally if you have the opportunity to have breakfast at the hotel I highly recommend you ask for Kayla - her friendly approach (but now too OTT) & attention to detail means that she's likely to be promoted soon, so enjoy her service whilst you can! Great job guys.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear F9757EFjamess,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor. I say glowing , because I truly appreciate when our guests truly recognize and appreciate our professional team members. Shirin at the Front Desk and Kayla in Charter Restaurant epitomize the professional personality, skill set and most important attitude to make a guests stay a wonderful experience.

Amenia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Craig at the front desk was very accommodating and attentive to my questions and requests. He was of great assistance in a timely manner. He was able to provide answers to all of my questions. Professional! Thank you

Dear Dawn K,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that our Front Office Manager Craig was "his professional self" and provided you with the level of attention and service that makes him so exceptional. People who love the hospitality industry make a significant positive impact on a guests stay and experience. I was happy to read that Craig did just that for you.

Thanks again.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel was nice. Was a good location, close to the Capitol building, restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Staff very curtious. Rooms were nice, could use a little freshening up, though. Lobby, bar and restaurant were clean with an attentive staff. Parking for customers was high, should have been free if you're staying there.

Dear Debra G,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It was nice to see your comments about our hotel and our Restaurants and Lounge. Debra, "your" oppinion is exactly why we strive to provide the highest level of service and quality of a facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back and servicing you.

Warm regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bathroom ceiling is so decrepit that pieces of the plaster are falling into the bathtub. I indicated the problem to the front desk but they offered no compensation. The rest of the room was in decent condition. Shuttle service to and from the airport is very convenient.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear FLTravelFamily,

I read your review on Trip Advisor and needless to say that I am disappointed that we checked you into a room that obviously needs repair. I am sorry that this happened to you. I will tell you that I would like your assistance to make sure this does not happen again. I will include my direct email below. I would ask that you email directly so that I may speak to you regarding your experience, as well as obtain your room number.

I do apologize that our Front Desk did not assist or acknowledge your concern when you spoke to them. Please email me so that we can correct this problem and proceed forward.

Regards,

john.d'adamo@hilton.com
Syracuse, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Excellent. Free parking and breakfast included in room rate. Location was convenient to downtown. Not too many restaurants around the area. Free internet included in room rate as well. Breakfast buffet was adequate.

Dear Ram K,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor,

We appreciate your Five Star review of our property. It is nice to read when a guests praises the hard work and friendliness of our staff.

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had business at the State Education Department (about 100 yards away) and found the Albany Hilton to have great views of the historic downtown. I looked out my window, saw two chapels, five or six buildings of different architectural styles, and the state legislature. It was like a view into a small cute town with great architecture. Wonderful.

No one walks the streets at night in downtown Albany (related note: Note: There is no ATM in the hotel. There are several in the immediate vicinity. If you are wary of going out at night into the dark get cash before dark) so I was very happy that there was fairly large lobby with plenty of couches and places to sit, as well as as large bar/table where one could eat/read if they wanted to be alone. It is in a nook where the coffee stand is.

Note: In the next year or two the empty streets may fill up. One reason they are empty is the 5 buildings up the street are all being converted to lofts (and thus temporarily empty).

The lobby is bright and happy while also being somewhat relaxing. There is both a restaurant and a bar. Near the bar are a bank of computers that can be used (I believe free).

The people are very eager to please. The check in people were friendly and professional. The bar waiter made me a special house salad with chicken (by request) and the chicken was wonderful!

The room was very clean and the shower was excellent. The bed was very comfortable (firm) and there were an array of pillows.

The next morning I woke up and had a soy steamer (half coffee/half steamed soy at the coffee store in the lobby. It was outstanding! The person who made it (Bob?) was excellent. I have this drink all the time but never had it done as well. Compliments to the man that made them.

Newspapers are provided at the hotel free. Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash are at the desk (ask they are free). The shampoo and soap in the bathroom is great.

The cab system in Albany is terrible. Some seven hours after I had checked out I returned to the hotel and they gave me a complimentary ride to the Amtrak station. (Of course, please tip the driver. You are saving between $15 and $45 by not taking a taxi. A bus from the corner of the hotel goes to the Amtrak station for $1.50 as well.)

You probably could stay in a generic suburban hotel outside of the city, but there is something nice about staying in a downtown.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing the Capital and State (I think) street.