“Not any better after renovations!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Albany

You added Hilton Albany to your Saves list
Hilton Albany
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Lodge Street, State & Lodge, Albany, NY 12207 (Formerly Hotel Albany)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Fly!
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Albany
Rocky Point, New York, United States
“Not any better after renovations!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My expectations were a bit higher after hearing they had renovated. I had to wait two hours to get a room and as I was sitting there I watched several people get checked in. I am a Hilton Honors club member and got no recognition for it. When I finally got a room I noticed the floors were wet and room was dirty. There was black mold all around the windows. I took a picture of it and should the front desk and the only response I got was " I'll let the manager know". Would not stay here again!!

Room Tip: Room without black mold!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Andrea A,

Thank you for your comments and recent review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to have read about your "not so pleasant" experience while staying at our hotel. The staff of the Hilton Albany truly takes pride in our "newly renovated" hotel, but it appears that we failed to meet your expectations. Please email me directly if you would like to discuss this further. My email address is John.D'Adamo@hilton.com

John D'Adamo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Albany, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel! Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were very clean and the new renovations of the hotel were great! Nice place for a family to stay as well. Quiet area and I experienced no problems. I would stay there again in the future.

Dear Ericka M,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Hilton Albany Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased that our staffs level of service exceeded your expectations in every area. We appreciate ALL of the recomendations and thank you for your business and loyalty.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel was previously a rather "down-at-the-heels" member of a different chain. The recent upgrade to Hilton has been a welcome improvement. Lobby and lobby bar are very welcoming. Equipment in the fitness center is very good. Room was comfortable and immaculate. I would probably book here even if I had need to be in Albany other than on business.

Dear dekberg,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and review about the Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor. Needless to say we are proud of our "new" hotel. Our staff, along with the renovations truly make the experience of staying at our hotel both memorable and positive.
I hope that we have the chance to serve you once again.

All the Best !!!!

Boise, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful downtown location with great views of Albany. Just a few minutes walk from the amazing New York State Capitol (highly recommend a visit there while in Albany!!) and other historical sights, as well as the waterfront, which has a great walking path. Room was recently updated - but didn't have the polished feel I would have expected (frays in the carpet, etc). The bed was very comfortable. The hotel bar was nice - right in the lobby- although I heard a flight crew on our way in on the airport shuttle lamenting about the recent rennovation to make what they described as a beautiful old bar into something modern and mediocre. The service from the staff was great. I could tell they were not done with rennovations as the stairways, pool area and other parts of the hotel were old and worn looking. Oveall though - LOVED the location and the views. Nice place to stay. Don't forget - plan some time to walk over to the capitol! It is AMAZING!

Stayed June 2013
Dear103Lisas103,

Thank you for your recent review of The Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Albany. I was very pleased to read your great comments about our service and our staff.

New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

There is nothing special about this Hilton property despite the fact that a repeat guest in the elevator was raving about the new renovations. Here are my impressions – in no particular order.
• Despite having Hilton Honors Club status and after having confirmed (on line) a king room, I was told that I would have a double bed. There was no recognition of my HH status (the stingiest of properties hands out bottled water – for instance). Loyalty – I am finding out – is sadly becoming less & less important to hotels and airlines.
• The hotel seems to cater to a lot of big groups … a lot of kids and conventioneers running about.
• The room was smallish, the bathroom minuscule.
• The furnishings and bedding seemed new. The room was clean; most of the amenities were the standard Hilton fare, except no bathrobes. I called the Front Desk to get one and it was if I asked for a fur coat. “Bathrobes?! We don’t have bathrobes!”
• Speaking of the phone, don’t try to call anyone – including the operator – because no one answers the phone … there’s not even a voicemail prompt. So, if the hotel manager thinks there are no complaints, the reason might be that no one answers the phone.
• The doors and hallways are noisy and woke me up early in the morning. In a way, this was good thing since my wake-up call came a half hour late.
• There is a smallish gym and what looked to be a decent sized pool; I didn’t try either.
• I tried to eat in the casual dining restaurant, but it was closed before 10pm.
• When all else fails, try the bar … And happily, the bartenders delivered: they were prompt, attentive and I could get basic food there (I didn’t try room service). There you will find the old school kind of good bartenders who look like they are minding their own business, but are Johnny-on-spot when you need them. I was able to find solace over a beer and a greasy burger while watching a captioned TV show about tuna fishermen.
• The internet was free – at least for me (was this an Honors perk? – maybe).
• There was a mini-frig in the room.
• There is a Rite Aid and Starbucks next door – all close early - by 8pm.

Room Tip: Even though a lackluster property, it might be a best bet in Albany ...
Dear Micknyny,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of your guest room and the service you had received in Sessions, "our bar". I was disappointed to hear that our restaurant "Charter" closed before 10pm. This should not have occured and I do apologize. I have adressed this with our Director of Food and Beverage.

New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is decent. The temperature of the room I stayed in was set at 58 degrees and even after setting it at 80 degrees after 24 hours, the room remained at 58 degrees. So, I ended up turning off the A/C. The staff who cleaned my room took 3 towels and only replaced it with 1 towel. I used the pool and spa. Both needed some cleaning because I saw some mildew along the corners/edges of the pool/spa. But they had towels there and there wasn't that many people using it when I was there. The pool is 4 feet deep. Overall, I was satisfied.

Dear Jennifer L,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor.com I am sorry to hear that your thermostat in your room made it too cold. I also did show your review to our housekeeping team leader.

I did see that you positively rated our service and accomodation levels very high.

Thank you again.

Brooklyn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel accommodations were good. Town closes too early for the summer, after 6pm area around hotel closes. Hotel amenities only things you can use. Location poor due to businesses near hotel closing early.

Dear Sheila C,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Great Service, Cleanliness and Accomodations on Tripadvisor.com I was pleased and proud of my team to read about how happy you were with everyone you had encountered. When you travle back to Albany please make it a point to stay with us again and I will have our shuttles transport you anywhere around the area within a three mile radius of the hotel.

All the Best !!!

John D'Adamo

Been to Hilton Albany? Share your experiences!