“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Albany, New York, United States
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been here several times and always love the food. The menu is always changing but I'd recommend the fries and fish tacos, but the specials are always good. Great beer menu too. The prices are reasonable and friendly staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

albany, ny
“Unpretentious, Hip and really great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Places like Capital City Gastropub don't exist in the Albany area, it's the kind of place I expect to find in much larger metropolitan area (boston, new york, montreal). The staff is very good, laid back, knowledgeable and personable. What I like about this place is the combination of really good cooking with an unique brew house beer selection on tap which are rotated frequently. The fries with foie gras and gravy are awesome!! This is the kind of place that is anti "hi-brow" - attire is dressy casual, but you could walk in there with a suit or with a jeans and tshirt and not feel out of place. The menu is interesting and unique without being "out there". I have every intention of being a regular at this place.

Albany, New York
“Great Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I tried this place for the first time Friday night. We went early, 5:00 or so, and it was empty. I was initially concerned but by the time we left a couple hours later it was packed with a wait. We waited to try this place so they could work out the kinks and I could give them a fair shake. The menu is great, they have a great variety of dishes and options. It wasn't too big and it wasn't too small. I would say it was just right. We each had two flights of beers, a choice of 4 5oz pours for $9. The beer menu was very well rounded and had some real winners. it was dominated by local, northeast, beers. Fine by me. We started with an order of three cheeses. The Ouray, Hudson Red, and Eclipse. All were excellent. Then we had an order of the turnips and almonds, it was very different and very delicious. We also had to try the pickled fresh farm eggs. I will get these every time I go there. We decided to share a meat pizza to top off the night. They offer a meat pizza and a vegetable pizza, who needs more choice than that? Every bite of every dish was great. I have no complaints. The service slowed a little as they filled up but I didn't mind because the staff was very friendly and the food was fantastic. If you want good beer and a selection of interesting menu items go here. I will be back to try more and hit the wine list which looked great. In all we had 3 appetizers, 2 flights of beer, 2 pints of beer, and 1 large meat pizza. The bill for all of that was $98, totally fair and worth every penny. I will be back soon. Glad to have another interesting new restaurant to add to the rotation in my neighborhood. Well done Gastropub, well done.

Loudonville, New York
“Ok if you like a casual place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We took our daughter and her family there this weekend. The food was average, the service good, and the atmosphere predictable for a pub.

Visited September 2012
New York
“Great food, great service, great wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Went out to dinner on a hot Friday night. So many choices on the menu - decided upon fish tacos and a hamburger with fries. The fish tacos were out of this world yummy. The homemade red cabbage on the tacos was delicious. Hamburger was perfectly cooked with grilled onions and cheese.

Tried a dry reisling from Australia, very crisp and dry. Good service, lovely evening ..this is a do again.

• Visited July 2012